Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

I think we eat more beef. I love it but wifey won’t eat it so I don’t bother cooking it at home. But I love a good rack with mint jelly.

3 Likes

Had my first Shakshuka for lunch.
Poached egg, tomato sauce, feta, cilantro, house made sourdough.

With a warm pretzel loaf with stone ground mustard butter.
And the hibiscus tea had hibiscus ice cubes. Nice touch. And pretty too.

18 Likes

I love it too, but I think it’s more expensive because we don’t have the supply, not much demand either, probably just because it hasn’t been very available here.

2 Likes

BBQ-terie board out to dinner tonight. It was melt in your mouth delicious. Locally sourced meats. Smoked brisket, pulled pork (those two in a vinegar based Carolinas BBQ sauce), chicken and sausage. I love their coleslaw.

18 Likes

@RosaCanDo that chicken looks good!

Salad with Japanese sweet potato, Satsumaimo (さつまいも). , spinach, cucumber, tomato, 7 different grains, and onions

Tomatoes and cucumbers w tarragon vinegar and guacamole salsa…

Bon appetit everyone
Food is life

16 Likes

LOVE Shakshuka :heart::heart_eyes::heart::heart_eyes::heart:
This whole meal looks delish :star_struck:
Definite food envy over here ! X

6 Likes

New Zealanders sure do know how to cook lamb!

3 Likes

I love Shaksuka. I should make it. :thinking: It used to be one of my kids’ favorites for breakfast and lunch. Hmmmm…

3 Likes

18 Likes

Look at all them! Just made spinach artichoke dip, got them from a can! :joy:

4 Likes

I love it too. I’ve made it a few times and have made a green and herby version before that was bomb! @Dazercat how did you like it?

4 Likes

I did like it. I wasn’t sure with the feta. I love feta. But on its own or in salads. But it was really good. I just don’t care for feta served warm in things. Rather enjoy a cool crumble on top of things.

5 Likes

I decided to make our Saturday night pizzas on Sunday as we ate out yesterday for my birthday. This just has sun dried tomatoes and basil on it.

18 Likes

Where can i find my local PizzaDeelze?
They always have fresh and delicious looking 'za that I would like to give a good home… in mah belleh!

9 Likes

15 Likes

Club with ice green tea

13 Likes

Made a bean dip. With refried black beans onion jalapeño garlic lime juice warmed it up. I like cheddar better than Cotija so I used some shredded cheddar.

15 Likes

Made a King Ranch Casserole

Sautéed poblano, onions, red, bells, jalapeño, garlic, flour, cumin, chicken broth, cooked chicken, tomatoes with chilies, torn up corn tortillas, topped with cheese, of course and put under the broiler.

17 Likes

Interesting! I have never made it in a pan. Is it a “pan”?

Since I am the only meat eater in the family, I am totally going to use a pan instead of a casserole dish! It also just came to my mind to make King Ranch for the next PFLAG dinner. Nice handout, Pal!

4 Likes

Ya you do it all in an over proof pan and pop it in the broiler. I make it even easier by buying cooked chicken at my sprouts. It’s so easy. And wifey approved.
Speaking of wifey. She was born in Kingsville TX where the King Ranch is.

2 Likes