Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Just know I have sat at those tables so many times, over about 30 years of my life. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Picked up dinner from my favorite Japanese restaurant… unfortunately the tempura tasted stale. The sushi was awesome :+1:t4:

12 Likes

Tenderloin chops on sale at Hy-Vee with 10 cents a gallon off. I Tajin’d and Chili Limed it. I know my body needs to eat!

14 Likes

Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich
With black beans.
Should have been home made fries but my potatoes had too many black spots on the inside :grimacing:

Thank You Chef :cook:

17 Likes

For sure!

Me being me, I found a recipe that was close to a cookie I used to buy at a bakery/deli back home and adapted it. That cookie was like granola and trail mix barely held together with dough. YUM.

I use this recipe, and sub GF oats, and also use natural smooth peanut butter.
I keep the 1/4 cup of coconut, take or leave the hemp seeds, AND add about 1/3(ish) cup choc chips, 1/3 cup raisins, and 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds.
Hey, it’s oatmeal and eggs and stuff… breakfast! :see_no_evil: :orange_heart:

8 Likes

We eat cookies for breakfast in America? I learn something new about this country every day :thinking:

5 Likes

Dinner tonight… wild caught local Northern Pike with butter and lemon, a side salad and baby potatoes. Oh how I love fish! Am working through my dear Mom’s life collection of paper napkins, and thought a special meal called for a special napkin. :wink:

@Dirk, don’t blame America! Am just a northerly Canadian here looking for any excuse to eat a cookie for breakfast. I think Day 801 is a pretty good reason! Heck, any sober day is reason to celebrate, no? :relieved: :orange_heart:

17 Likes

Cannot argue with that, at all! :tada:

3 Likes

Thanks for the recipe. Maybe Gus would like them. Ill call them Auntie M’s
:yum:

4 Likes

Lunch today using up some of the leftover roast beef from yesterday some proper nice cheddar cheese with strong english mustard squashed between some bread and toasted on the stove top. Delicious!

17 Likes

Making up for lost time this summer with a dozen ears. So sweet, so fresh.

18 Likes

Nice, I live 20 miles from wookey can’t beat Somerset cheddar

3 Likes

Yours look better than the ones I saw on my walk yesterday

6 Likes

Thats probably field corn, looks pretty normal. Different uses. Sweet corn is very pretty, that’s for sure!

4 Likes

Yes field corn thousands of them is it not the same ?

2 Likes

Nice, i used to live nearby when i was a kid between Wells and Shepton mallet, also lived near to bridgewater and weston super mare. I love Somerset its where my roots are!

2 Likes

No, very different. Field corn is not edible without being processed into something else, is often used for ethanol in the USA at least, but also oil, meal, animal feed, etc. sweet corn is a different variety that can be eaten fresh. There are lots of indigenous and other native varieties of corn, too, which can be very flavorful and used to make masa, or the corn flour based dough for tortillas and so on.

6 Likes

10 Likes

I honestly know far more about corn since living in Nebraska than I ever knew as a Californian. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, same about living in Iowa! Though my grandpa was an extension service guy (farm support with the University of Illinois) and former farmer so I grew up knowing way too much about crops and farming.

5 Likes