Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

In my internet research this morning I learned something new. Field corn is also known as “dent” corn because of the dent in the kernel as it dries. New to me!

7 Likes

I could have said no but where’s the fun in that :laughing: I love a good pumpkin roll :drooling_face:

11 Likes

Corn education first thing on a Monday is priceless. Thank you. No sarcasm here I learned something. :corn:

6 Likes

You’re welcome! :laughing: I also learned recently, thanks to my favorite public radio, that corn sweats. And it contributes significantly to humidity in the Midwest USA. That’s how it survives droughts, it literally lets off gallons and gallons of moisture every day so it doesn’t burn in the sun. So when you see a corn field that looks totally dried out it has done its job to protect that corn. And to make my life miserable. :weary:

7 Likes

I think I put too many ingredients into my soup and it more like a stew than a soups but it tastes good :blush: anyway I put chicken, carrots, potatoes, leaks, celery, onions and chilli :hot_pepper: in

15 Likes

That loin is only about 3x2 inches. I need to get some more maybe. I think the texture is a thing based on all the pigs I raised in my life. Using a butter knife I flung the potato to the dog-hair carpet. Perhaps I waited a wee too long to eat.

11 Likes

I’m glad youre eating chica! That’s the most important bit.

3 Likes

I love food knowledge in this thread, keep it coming folks!

5 Likes

It is a lecture I am having with myself each day, all day. I did have major disorders in the past - this is not that, as you know. It’s more of taste and smell. It’s really pissing me off. That said, not eating actually takes tidbits that come back away. I mean, what’s a year? Ha!

Back at ya, comfy to see you eat, too, Amiga. Te amo!

3 Likes

Paella w/ Queenies and chorizo and excellent prawns.

16 Likes

Last day of leftovers- bbq pork and cheddar bagel

17 Likes

My last plum

14 Likes

Wow :star_struck: thanks for the corn lesson , I love information an I’m a curious soul

2 Likes

5 Likes

The last one ever? That is “plum” crazy.

3 Likes

Are you going to be a plum-ber (plum sober)? :innocent:

3 Likes

:potato: Potatoes :potato:
Local green beans, potatoes, Salmon
Mayonnaise, yummmmmm!
Bon appetit everyone
Food (in moderation) is life … and fuel
( @Juli1 )

@RosaCanDo thanks for the corn info. Had no idea about popcorn or the humidity or the dent ……

I eat most of the corn I eat raw off the cob. It’s tender and tasty. Or sauté it in olive oil w jalapeño for just a minute or two.

@M-be-free49 thanks for the recipe. I would have to lock them in a safe that would ration one a day. Look scrumptious :white_check_mark:
Enjoy all of you who can moderate on them!

15 Likes

Garlic mushroom chicken thighs and roasted carrots

16 Likes

Mayonnaise is life! Still debating if it’s better in moderation… :yum:

5 Likes

Ha ha!! :rofl:
I grew up NOT eating French fries and now as an ( older) adult want fried potatoes and wouldn’t have them any other way than with mayonnaise.

8 Likes