Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

5 Likes

I swear down, us foodie thread folk are the craziest happiest people ……

7 Likes

Te amo igualmente mi amiga. Tienes que comer, we all need sustenance to survive. I’m so sorry you’re struggling with taste, I can’t even imagine how hard that is. Sending big hugs.

3 Likes

@Dirk and @Alisa
Count me in

6 Likes

Grateful for my brother…made me a delicious sandwich for dinner :drooling_face:

14 Likes

And we have the pictures to prove it! :hugs::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oof! Air pressured rice and lentils with umami, curry, and turmeric. I usually use another color lentils. These were not done. I reset the rice cooker and it may end up mushy rice but I will make rice/lentil balls if necessary.

13 Likes

It does look yummy! :yum:

1 Like

What’s the umami element in there?

1 Like

I must assume! I am a great cook AND I really never measured, which is why I rarely bake. Even without taste, I am freakish about lentil texture when cooked with rice. I actually knew to either soak or precook these, just by vision - or just cook the curry separate. I was too lazy.

:slight_smile: My vegetarian kiddo also freaks. I wonder where she got that from…

1 Like

I just have Umami Seasoning mix.

2 Likes

Some lentils do take longer to cook then others and some need more water too. Hope that you are able to cook them up and enjoy (lentil / rice balls sound good). :yum:

1 Like

The 2nd cook happened, rice looks fine. A lot of color change, which is good. I will let you know about lentil texture. I know you care, given your happy pics!

2 Likes

I do and am curious… looking forward to update. :blush:

Oooh…glad the cool didn’t mush up the rice

2 Likes

2 Likes

Pesto Beef Baked Ziti

16 Likes

French onion soup :smiling_face:

18 Likes

Oh yum! :heart::hugs:

2 Likes

Iconic Ivor Dewdney pasty