Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

I’m curious if you saved the :cactus: :cactus:Saguaros for last or if you just dove in and ate them with the rest?? That’s so creative and cool! @Dazercat

Editing after looking at the pic again and see that the Saguaro’s are made for premier eating !

Everyone’s food looks wonderful!

2 Likes

This looks amazing Rosa!

1 Like

Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, cream gravy and lingonberry jam.

12 Likes

Decided to fry the spinach into the omelet eggs. Nice choice for my cottage cheese omelet.Cut in 1/2 for the 21-year-old child.

11 Likes

Spaghetti bolognaise and garlic bread. Not pictured, a simple salad.

14 Likes

And after this beauty I had a piece of cake :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Thanks, D! It really hit the spot and had a lot of freshness I craved. I ate the second half for lunch today :wink:

Trying to get caught up here.
It was the most artsy dessert I ever had. If she didn’t tell me I could eat :100: of it, I probably would not have touched the saguaro. They were milk chocolate mousse and I ate a little bit of everything slowly all at one.

Last nights apple pie.

And I had a salmon salad.

Yes very impressive and so enjoyable.

9 Likes

I got this stuff at the grocery store yesterday to help satisfy my sweet cravings. It’s really good! The package says you can eat it from the jar but I like putting it on a piece of toast. It’s not sugar free but it’s better than a cookie or cake binge

10 Likes

Udon noodle tofu veggie dish with ginger peanut sauce…with a veggie spring roll (frozen store bought).

12 Likes

You sure do have a way of making tofu appetizing @JazzyS

5 Likes

Yep, zapped potatoes.

10 Likes

LOL thanks CJ – it can be super tasty if prepped right. :yum:

3 Likes

Decided last minute to go out for our favorite celebratory meal tonight, sushi! It’s our 17th wedding anniversary tonight. We are staying at a fancy historic hotel in town this weekend with a spa, pool, hot tub and great restaurant (great by our little city’s standards). I look forward to documenting that food too :rofl:

17 Likes

Happy Anniversary Rosa! Hope you two have a wonderful celebration. Dinner looks fantastic :yum:

3 Likes

Very nice.
Happy anniversary Rosa :partying_face:

2 Likes

My take on curry chicken on rice. I didn’t have a recipe, so I guessed. It’s not terrible, but not great. It does have a bit of heat though, maybe 3 out of 5.

13 Likes

What do you think is missing?

2 Likes

Ummm… I feel the tomato sauce I used made it too sweet. Also was missing the punch a curry gravy usually delivers. I think I went too light on the spices. It was like 60% there.

3 Likes

PROOF BURGER
8 oz. Brisket Blend Patty, Roasted Garlic and Grain Mustard Aioli, Sweet Fire Pickles, Lettuce, Smoked Tomato Jam, Aged Cheddar, Noble Challah Bun

11 Likes