Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Simple yet elegant. I will take the crispy pepperoni slice please. Is that Xtra cheese?

1 Like

14 Likes

Tried out my new salad bowl, a gift from my mom. Decided to build the salad with veggies and toppings separately, kind of make your own salad. Love this method! This includes cherry tomatoes from my volunteer plants in the yard :tomato::heart_eyes:

20 Likes

Gonna have to use your imaginations today.

Plain but good.
Big ol’ sockeye salmon fillet, baked, and broken into chunks over a rice bowl. Tough day emotionally/physically but I will always eat.
Sockeye was the only non-farm, no-color-added salmon they had. Food coloring makes me feel like shit.

The fillet was pretty much the whole side of the fish.
The boys got a ton of fish skin (and some actual fish) on top of their dinner.
They have caught on to what the word “fish” means, mostly what it means for their dinners, but it only registers if I say it “feeeesh”

10 Likes

Damn! Looks :fire: @Dazercat :saluting_face:

1 Like

Lately unfortunately been using the door dash which isn’t good especially on the wallet ha! So today got some chops, rice, corn, green bean casserole and biscuits. Peace and a have good day to all!

14 Likes

Garlic Tamari Chicken
With peanuts and sautéed green beans

17 Likes

I love it. How about sharing recipe. I do know how to make rice and string beans, thanks.

2 Likes

After sautéing the beans I covered them and cooked the chicken I lightly floured in S & P. I blew off pounding the raw chicken. Too nasty :nauseated_face: I put it in the same pan with a bit of oil.

I had the sauced prepped with some tamari/soy sauce 2 oz. diluted with 1/2 cup water. I think it was too diluted. Some vinegar and sugar all stirred up and set aside.

Prepared some
Garlic chopped crushed whatever
Grated ginger
2 scallions chopped.

After chicken was cooked i plated it and covered it in foil. I melted 2 tablespoons butter in the pan while it cooled and added prepared stuff and sautéed about a minute and dumped in liquid stuff. Simmer until it reduced to my liking.

Plated it all. Sauced it and Voila :wink:

Sprinkle peanuts on top.

Sorry it’s a jumble up there :point_up_2:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Yours looks so much better.

I can’t get the cat to pose for picture.

8 Likes

What’s that? Chopped steak on veggies?

1 Like

Hamburger patty . Mushrooms onions (almost burned) tomato on top with squirt of Dijon. Actually I cooked hamburger perfect. I think I was hungry as plate looks like it was washed.

Note - tomato is one from freezer from all my storing effort. Thawed and tastes great.

1 Like

The slippers look cozy :blush:

1 Like

Funny I saw they got in the picture. In my previous life different husband I hardly ever wore shoes. New life barefootin’ is frowned upon. My feet are in better care now. Still sometimes I forget and find myself on hot cement. Plus no foot prints on wood floor after shower. :foot:

2 Likes

Good morning! First cantaloupe of the year, I should get one more often but it’s hard to eat one by myself before it goes bad. Still, yum.

16 Likes

Have you tried melon salad? Typically with watermelon, but who cares
 It’s so good alongside roasted chicken or fish :pray:t2:

5 Likes

I love the stuff! I haven’t made it myself but thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

My mom gave me this loaf of sourdough made by a Mennonite family that had a stand at their farmer’s market and it’s simply gorgeous, delicious bread. I’m having a thick, lightly toasted slice for lunch with lots of avocado, provolone, turkey, a farm stand tomato and a side of local microgreens and alfalfa sprouts. Heaven. I’m getting the most I can out of the rest of this harvest season.

19 Likes

I love it when my polish friend “Aga” brings me cake :poland: :heart_eyes:,10 points for anyone who can name this very tasty indulgence :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

20 Likes

Scotch broth served with delicious pain traditionel

15 Likes