Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

My best batch of guacamole for toast yet. I had some pico I used instead of salsa and the avocado was perfect and it remained nice and chunky. With a squeeze of lime and some chopped fresh jalapeños.

19 Likes

1 Like

Black eyed peas with basmati rice

17 Likes

I made some more Auntie M’s
@M-be-free49
I added a measure of sugar free butterscotch chips. It made them a little thicker and. I just love butterscotch.

The Ol Bus grab one and started to put it to his mouth and remember he didn’t like them :rofl::rofl::rofl: it was actually pretty funny.
I love them. So does my daughter and SIL.

15 Likes

Bistro 13

BAKED BRIE & ROASTED GARLIC
WARM CREAMY BRIE CHEESE ON TOASTED FOCACCIA WITH SWEET ROASTED GARLIC.

BOLOGNESE LASAGNA
GROUND VEAL LAYERED WITH RICOTTA CHEESE, SPINACH AND MOZZARELLA

14 Likes

Oh those look good, and no worries Gus - all the more for us! :laughing:
It’s probably a useful life lesson to learn so young though… “not all desserts are enjoyable :flushed:” Poor kid!

Me? I stopped at a huge farmers market on my way home today. I rarely get to it, so I kinda went apeshit. I don’t feel too bad cuz I used to stop near there in the before time for a case of wine and a bunch of craft ciders. I’ll take the veg. :wink:

Tomorrow there will be borscht and homemade pesto. :orange_heart:

19 Likes

Apeshit :joy: :joy: :joy:
You cooking for all the Gratidudes or what?
I must of lost my invite.

3 Likes

@Dazercat that’s funny! I’m surprised he’s so anti- the cookie. I know I would love them. I would just eat all of them is the problem.

@M-be-free49 Beautiful produce, enjoy.
Reminds me of the lushness of produce in Montana in September.
The best borscht I’ve ever had was from a Mom and Pop selling it at the Kalispell Montana airport.
I used to make it a lot adapting the recipe from Mollie Katzen’s “Moosewood” cookbook.

Salad, lots of buried arugula with tomatoes and apples and cucumbers.

Greek yogurt. Actually Skyr which I’ve decided I like more. With olive oil and salt.

Salad. Spinach, kale, salmon with Dijon and thyme on top.

Bon appetit everyone.
Food ( in moderation ) is life.

16 Likes

Warming and comforting kedgeree.

17 Likes

Tis the season :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf::beans::bowl_with_spoon: :jack_o_lantern:

20 Likes

Steak rice and refried beans

16 Likes

I love kedgeree :two_hearts:

4 Likes

End of the week treat,Nice and rare rib eye steak,with garic cream potatoes an not a vegetable in sight,
Come to papa you little beauty!! :heart_eyes::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

18 Likes

I got your back mate :blush:

There was not a great big squash flavor. And that’s probably a good thing. It was just right.
Ya probably wouldn’t want a mouthful of dry butternut squash scone to choke on anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh. And you can cook me an over easy ribeye anytime.

13 Likes

Great work Eric :grinning:,just the sage for flavour then,i was expecting more,maybe some cinnamon or mixed spice in there aswell,i might try grating the squash first then maybe a purée or maybe both,would you say it was more savoury than sweet?
You can have your steak anytime mate!!

3 Likes

Definitely savory.
There were a few coarse salt sprinkles on top.

2 Likes

Steak and dauphinois on payday it is :ok_hand::heart:

2 Likes

Chicken and Super veg stir fry with oyster and spring onion sauce

an a little bit of sauce on the wall

19 Likes

Looks really good!

1 Like

I fancied a curry tonight :blush:
I made a mango curry with chicken and coconut milk. Glad I got that out of my system :joy: Wifey liked it. I thought it too sweet.

And roasted cauliflower curry.

16 Likes