Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

I almost added olives because of @Tragicfarinelli’s pic!

13 Likes

Ok…garlic stuffed olives and olive tapenade hummus. Dessert! And I do love Crunchmaster. I really miss rep’ing for them and getting them free. I don’t taste the olives but I do get a good tang.

10 Likes

Back to Slate
CHARDONNAY CHICKEN
CRISPY CHICKEN BREAST, CHARDONNAY BACON GRAVY, DOUBLE BUTTER MASHED POTATOES, GARLIC ROASTED GREEN BEANS

Even our waitress said, “see you next week?” :laughing:

13 Likes

Lettuces, arugula, tomatoes, avocado, cherries, cranberry pear balsamic

Apple… with my breaking heart because my kitty is having good days and not as good… all in the same day

Lettuces, egg and egg whites…

Boiled egg that reminded me of @Juli1 beautiful food, although pic is crummy, miss you and your food Juli :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

Cranberries, blueberries, yogurt

PS @JazzyS I am used to German Pretzels and around me they are topped with the flakiest most wonderful glazes and sugars , have not had one in twenty years… all the ones you made and the descriptions sound wonderful.

Bon appetit everyone,
Food is life

15 Likes

Ouuuhh this egg!
Thanks for reminder to foodies thread :heart:

2 Likes

There’s the threat of rain, so we picnicked indoors after chores and picking up some bits.

Tataki salmon w/Ponzu
Breaded Queen olives stuffed with garlic and jalapeño
Fresh baked baguette
Chinese five spiced chicken wings
Pickles.

13 Likes

Man this hash brown bowl hit the spot after my long run!

12 Likes

Saturday night pizza!

12 Likes

…and all is right with the world lol :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I really like this GF pasta. I may make pasta salad with the remainders. Barilla elbows.

6 Likes

And - no I didn’t “taste” it - but the texture is so pasta-ish. Go corn and rice mix!

2 Likes

Trying to give my body energy. Eating has been an issue. Anyhoo…that little wedge fried my throat and my tongue

10 Likes

Plan jane post napping lunch

12 Likes

Cooking is one of the things I’m most passionate about. I love to have people over for dinner. Here are some recent creations.

15 Likes

Went to Trattoria Farfalla for Italian

TARTARE DI TONNO
Sashimi-grade ahi-tuna, avocado, and balsamic dressing

TRICOLORE
radicchio, Belgium endive, arugula topped with shaved parmesan and balsamic vinaigrette

When we saw they had a wood fired oven for pizza we went with pizza.

DIAVOLA
Tomato sauce, salami, sausage, bell peppers, onions, and spicy Calabrese pepperoncino.

It wasn’t The Lamp. But pretty darn good.

13 Likes

Boiled eggs avocado, cucumber, campari

Wow! @JamboTheGreat !! What especially are the two bottom creations? Do you make a beautiful printed “menu” to go along with your creations?? If so, good for you. I have done that in the past… maybe in the future and maybe not. Love it!

Bon appetit, everyone
Food. in moderation, is life.

11 Likes

The bottom two are baklava which is actually super easy to make, my nine year old can make it now and the other one is posh fish and chips. Cod loin wrapped in crispy parma ham, pea and mint purée, asparagus and crispy garlic and Parmesan potato slices.

I did a printed menu once for my wife before we were married for an anniversary during lockdown. I called my restaurant ‘Oh Mio Merluzzo’ which translated to ‘Oh my cod’ and I was really proud that I not only managed to make a great pun but I did it in Italian. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What fun and happy memories!
There is a pun thread here at TS if you are interested!
The one creation looked like baklava, I wondered if somehow you had reinvented it to something non-dessert! Looks luscious and the ice cream also!

2 Likes

Haha thank you, I’ll definitely have to look out for the pun group!

1 Like

Went to see C today and we went to an Indian place. It was so very yummy! My first time having Indian food, so many spices but in a good way

12 Likes