Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

I got fun snackies at a Japanese store in the mall

12 Likes

Pickles again :smile:

I love these pickles.
There’s a roast turkey dinner under here somewhere. Real fresh roast turkey too.

Always extra cranberry sauce.

12 Likes

Popcorn for dinner last night. Why?..because I got this!

Butter and sriracha popcorn

14 Likes

Snack dinner…

13 Likes

Chickpea curry :yum::yum:

14 Likes

Breakfast & dinner today

15 Likes

Lazy Dog tonight
Mediterranean Chicken
Grilled lemon chicken breast, yellow rice, tomato-cucumber-feta salad, kalamata olives, tzatziki sauce

14 Likes

Beautiful presentation! Looks delicious.

3 Likes

I had nothing to do with the presentation but it was good. The Lazy Dog is the name of the restaurant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m laughing . Thought you were the lazy one and came up with that meal. Too funny. Hope was as good as it looked.

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
It felt healthy And it was good. Not as good looking as wifey’s fried chicken sandwich but hey. I try.

3 Likes

I thought you were the Lazy Dog, too!
:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::blush::kissing_heart::hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Overnight oats have been a daily staple for 7 or 8 years, made up a recipe at the beginning and it just slowly evolves over time. This is my current iteration.

Plain nonfat Greek yogurt, oats, chia seed, ground flax seed, agave nectar, unsweetened cashew milk, bit of lemon juice, vanilla extract, almond extract.

Then some frozen fruit, usually blueberries, cherries, blackberries, or raspberries. Schnozzberries.

Today (for tomorrow) it’s raspberries.

14 Likes

I will BBQ dinner tonight :grin: will take pics.

I decided on making some home grown lemon balm and chamomile tea for this evening :city_sunset: with dinner.

6 Likes

It’s a killer-looking sandwich (damn near all the food you post looks excellent - especially love the variety), so I’m not trying to be negative but good GOD is that sandwich height a pet peeve of mine, lol.

I sincerely appreciate a place that loads up on the meat, better than being skimpy about it, but damn - at that point just give me two separate sandwiches that are of reasonable stature :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Not a reuben… :pleading_face:

11 Likes

Yummy! Looks good.

2 Likes

I KNOW!!

Me too. It’s just the New York deli way. It’s fucking stupid! But I’m working the angles. I’ve surrendered to the tall sandwiches :joy: I always deconstruct them now. Put it back together the way I like and take the meat left over home. I served sandwiches like that for years at Katz’s Deli. They even taught me how to “scrunch up” the meat to make it look taller :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Some many restaurants serve too much piled high food these days. It’s terrible. It must be hard for people with ED to look at it. I got a lot more compassion now for my daughter. She had an ED and always complained about the portion sizes. It turns me off. It must be awful for others with ED.

7 Likes

16 Likes

Tonight’s tea were reet good. :heart:

14 Likes