Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

I hoping to do more plant-based… the chickpea bake looks great! Might need to give it a go :yum:

5 Likes

The bake was super easy and quick. I’ve been following a few cooks / chefs and am getting some really cool ideas for meal planning.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send you some links, recipes :yum:

3 Likes

Post run and then cycle class breakfast. I’s hungry!!

15 Likes

When your not sure what you want to eat,a chip butty always does the job :+1:t2:

14 Likes

No! Dog is a foodie too. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

When my kids were young but above age of 10 I shown them a chip butty for the first time and they thought it was something I was making up that’s a funny memory and making me want some :joy:

5 Likes

Breakfast

What I thought was dinner

:joy: but dinner might be a chip butty later :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Hahaha, i just get a occasional need to have one :grinning:

2 Likes

What is it? Fries and bread?

3 Likes

Yes with plenty of butter :+1:t2::butter:

4 Likes

Never heard of it before today.

4 Likes

So is mine…! :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Have a try,i dont think you will regret it

4 Likes

A limb broke off our nectarine tree. I had so many green fruit and no paper bags. I did have these boxes and a week later they were ripe.

Pre jam cooking and final product.
3 pounds of fruit off counter.clearly final product not all 3 pounds. :hugs:

I think I’m adding walnuts and raisins to this bowl.

15 Likes

Can i ask how much sugar you would use for nectarines please? Id normally use a similar weigh of sugar to fruit with other fruits

3 Likes

Recipe to set up was 1 1/2 cups sugar. I wanted zero sugar but was afraid of consistency. I did 1 1/4 for this batch. It is really really sweet. Next batch I may try 3/4 cup and will try no sugar at all next. Probably will be more of a sauce than actual jam which is fine. Also recipe had 1/4 cup lemon juice. I squeezed fresh.

5 Likes

Yeah i was thinking they might be very sweet,they look really nice and juicy

2 Likes

Yes they are. We have two trees and need to get fruit off now. Broken limb put me in a panic but recipe I found I only had to pit them and dice. Sharp knife did all the work. :smile:

Also plan to freeze halves and know they can last in freezer for months.

4 Likes

and would you also make a chutney with these? I have a friend who gives me a load of rhubarb each year,i make a load of jam with it

3 Likes

Never tried chutney. Always loved strawberry rhubarb pie although never tackled home made. I will look into.

3 Likes