Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Went out for sushi just the 2 of us at Oynx no kids no grandkids.

CURED YELLOWTAIL
Tepache Ponzu, Avocado, Green Onion

WAGYU RAMEN
Wagyu Beef Belly, Jidori Egg, Pickled Carrot, Scallion, Chili Crisp
Never did order any sushi :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Maybe next time.
What we had was great.

13 Likes

Pulled pork sandwiches with homemade blue cheese coleslaw. Pork rubbed with honey hog and holy voodoo, smoked using apple wood pellets and cherry wood chips. Topped with my homemade cherry dr pepper bbq sauce and homemade blue cheese coleslaw. These fhings turned out absolutely phenomenal

16 Likes

We have family visiting from Australia so we went out for pizza Saturday night.

17 Likes

This looks good but can I say your pizzas always have me drooling :yum:.
Hope you are enjoying your family visit :smiling_face:

3 Likes

These look stunning :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:,they might take a bit of time but they defo look like they are worth the wait :100::100::100::+1:t2:

3 Likes

Once upon a time I had a peach orchard. Many peach ( and plum ) trees. I frequently made chutney. It was wonderful.
Also had a non defrosting chest freezer and the peaches would stay in perfect condition for years and years and years.
With the plums I made preserves, with the peaches more chutney than preserves.

3 Likes

Ive never made a jam with plums,ive only made chutneys,i used to use it for cheese plates and terrines,very nice,plum jam is now on the list of things to do :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes

Beautiful day called for farmer’s market haul…

We got a few bits… Sweetcorn fritters, cherry and almond tart, smoked trout and smoked trout pate, super food micro herb/greens and nut spread. Plus a bag of smoked trout skins for the cats :black_cat::black_cat:

Cake and sweetcorn fritters for lunch, nommmmm.

21 Likes

15 Likes

Important note: I do not use those veggies for fried rice and that broccoli you see? That was the only one broccoli in the package.

I also overwatered the rice yesterday. There’s some significance to me not cooking enough. In case you were wondering and haven’t been around for many years…cooking is a major mood shifter for me. M’Kay. Love ya.

3 Likes

Homemade Indian bread, tofu mushroom sabzi and lentils … enjoyed it with a hot cup of coffee :smile:

17 Likes

I have never made that. I think I will try it today, or tomorrow!

2 Likes

Its yummy – i’m sure you will enjoy it :yum:

2 Likes

I absolutely adore Sabzi…mmmmmm

2 Likes

They were definitely worth the wait. Made them for a potluck event for alumni at the treatment facility i went to.

2 Likes

That looks gorgeous Jasmine!

2 Likes

Food cooked for me: Chateaubriand, creamed spinach, corn and chips.

Dreamy.

17 Likes

Never fails, every time I do a long run I always crave pizza. Decided to try some of their loaded wings today

14 Likes

I’m with @erntedank … fuck this fucking heat and cooking in it :face_with_hand_over_mouth: (her words, my full support :sweat_smile:)

Lotsa chopping instead. Watermelon “salsa” (no red onion or mint at the store, subbed sweet onion and added more salt and lime with the cilantro) and a chunky guac (skipped the cilantro for cumin and lime).

@tailee17 those nectarines look delish! it’s a good year for them, and I’m indulging! Prob not a bad thing I don’t have a tree in my wee yard :joy:

17 Likes

2 Likes