Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Out for food on our first night away. A Turkish feast!

Stuffed, boxed up a doggy bag. Happy.

16 Likes

Chinese Chicken Salad
Umami soy roasted chicken thinly sliced & tossed with Napa cabbage, sugar snap peas, edamame, scallions, oranges, roasted cashews, crispy rice noodles, cilantro & sesame ginger vinaigrette

They were out of oranges :cry:
Nice salad.

14 Likes

This is a beautiful, happy dish in my life. I should make it. I don’t like fruit in my non-fruit food (another thing I might as well eat!) but all the rest makes me happy and I have most of it here.

4 Likes

It doesn’t look very appealing :joy: but I was craving soup. Just recovering from my second kidney stone surgery in two weeks. I added more broth to the bowl after as it was a tad thick. Used Bob’s Red Mill Soup mix I forgot I had (split green & yellow peas, lentils, barley, tiny veggie pasta)

12 Likes

That does look good and comforting. Hope you heal well and are kidney stone free :pray:t4::people_hugging:

4 Likes

I think living in California I got to get use to the fruit in my food. Especially the salads. And it works. A little bit goes a long way.

Wifey ordered the tuna salad and it had a bit of Dijon in it. Unlike us to order it and Love :heart: it. Obviously loving all my new restaurants except last nights. But the sushi was good. We may never eat at home again.

999 Roll
In- Krab mix and shrimp tempura. Out- cajun tuna with spicy mayo, jalapeno on top and spicy sauce

15 Likes

Leftover hamburger soup and some rye toast

12 Likes

OMG. I would eat those as is.

Prob best to hide those if you want any left for the parm-whatever… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Small can of Hormel chili, emptied into a bowl and microwaved.
As much energy as I could muster to eat.

12 Likes

Nice bit of Lamb tagine on today
Served with spiced cous cous,flat bread and greek yoghurt :+1:t2:

11 Likes

My take on chicken shawarma. It isnt beard friendly eaten in the traditional manner…made it into a knife and fork kinda meal!

I still cook from scratch almost every meal. But life has been so rushed, I haven’t given thought to plating. For me, today, making it look pretty was a lesson in slowing down.

16 Likes

mission accomplished! Looks yummy - hope you enjoyed it! :yum:

3 Likes

Its one of my favorite things to make.

3 Likes

This is the first meal I’ve enjoyed not forced natural hunger s wicked

13 Likes

It looks delicious :yum:
I love bean sprouts. Especially in stir fry’s.
Great meal to enjoy. I hope you have many more to share and enjoy
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

It was great beef mushroom and black bean stir fry , I did offer some to my mum and she said I can’t eat that at my age !!wtf … that means!..didn’t ask just ate more , I’m looking forward to breakfast :smile:

3 Likes

Yum!!! A good stir fry is my go to meal…glad you enjoyed :yum:

2 Likes

Yesterdays dinner

17 Likes

12 y/o idea, sweet chilli, coconut shrimp pasta with broccoli.

14 Likes

Nectarine :pie: pie

18 Likes