Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

I know mate ,I was a chef for ten years :grin:

2 Likes

Hahahahaha ok fair enough!! :rofl::rofl:

Yeah it was really nice , I did ask for a runny egg tho and sent the first one back I could of bounced it off the wall and it would of come back to me :roll_eyes:… It pisses me off sometimes that I was a chef coz I’m way too fussy when I go out to eat ….

1 Like

Exact same here :grinning:

1 Like

Custard,cream or ice cream?? :grinning:

2 Likes

Ice cream, heavy cream and half and half. ELIMINATING any processed sugar these days. And by the way I made a nectarine pie no sugar. Turned out a bit tart but went over quite well with the guests. The nectarines are so naturally sweet. Next making jam no sugar this time.

5 Likes

Sorry thought you were referring to my zero sugar post. This pie went with Vanilla Bean Ice cream. We had company so wasn’t worried about sugar in ice cream

Home made ice cream on agenda for today!

3 Likes

Sounds very nice :grinning:

1 Like

14 Likes

I think Chilis :hot_pepper: Has up their game on their Old Timers with cheese. This one was excellent!

Thought I’d be healthy and get a salad with it

12 Likes

The fresh fish choices in Kona were sublime. Ono, mahi mahi and shrimp

13 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I went to Chili’s. The children weren’t born but it was one here. I used to basically only eat wings and sometimes fries. Here it was so bad that I refused to go back. It’s still there…maybe I should go before my taste comes back.

12 Likes

The one in Flagstaff was meh :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
This one is good. We are very limited on what we order. But so far so good here. Even had the salmon once. It was good.

2 Likes

Been a minute since I’ve made this …Cajun beans and rice with extra kick :smiling_face: had to use canned beans today as I had not planned dinner

15 Likes

With yellow bells :thinking:

WASABI CRUSTED AHI TUNA
Julienne Vegetables, Spinach, & Garlic Ginger Sauce

It sounds and looks great. But…. It wasn’t executed very well. It was kind of jerky-ish.

12 Likes

Thai BBQ reverse seared tri tip

16 Likes

I have to admit that I always use canned beans, no matter the dish. It’s a staple here and I see no reason why I shouldn’t use it, results gets perfect anyway, without the hustle. Looks delicious :blush:

3 Likes

Sorry the meal was not executed well.

Yup … yellow bell peppers…I went with what I had :joy:… I will be keeping green on hand for future :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks Sophia…it was delicious

I have started using the soaked version mainly cause I do not like to use the liquid that they are canned in and in washing them I loose all the nutrients from the bean so it’s purely for the taste :joy:.
Plus I just learned that the canned beans don’t go through the extensive process of soaking so they still have a think hard layer on some of them which is hard on the stomach lining. Need to do more research in this but have found my stomach feels better when I’m not eating the canned.

4 Likes

Here they promote the canned beans because they’re pre-boiled. And even the authorities says that there’s no real difference except for the price. But that might be different depending on which country you are in. :blush:
I only buy Swedish brands.

3 Likes