Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Either the plate is huge or those are mini recycling bins @Twizzlers messed with my perception too lol

3 Likes

They belong to Gus :blush: @Cjp
He brings them to the park and he collects mulch in them :laughing: theyā€™ve just sitting on the island and thought itā€™d be cute.

5 Likes

Thank you for solving that mystery lol

3 Likes

Is that a flan or a quiche?

2 Likes

Quiche maybe

2 Likes

images (2)

This is what i associate with flan :+1:t2:
Maybe im wrong

6 Likes

Itā€™s a flan no cheese two large eggs ,quarter pint of milk and bacon Iā€™m gonna make one

3 Likes

I just pulled up on the internet that flan is an English version of French quiche.

Flanā€™s look and recipe is dependent on where it is made and by whom. This is the only place I have ever heard of savory flan, not saying it isnā€™t amazing. All flan I have ever had (and I donā€™t like it) is a dessert like this:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s the flan I know :yum:
But those Britā€™s like to complicate things with the English language.
Whatever it is or they are called. Sounds delicious @19801

7 Likes

Looks like a tart! Hahaha we wonā€™t go there again!:grinning:

5 Likes

Anti inflammatory turmeric chicken soup.
For the Covid kid.

At least I can taste it.
Needs rice.

13 Likes

I think it is priceless you have a watcher who makes sure you eat your soup. :heart:šŸ©·. Iā€™m out of likes.

4 Likes

My understanding of flan is that itā€™s a stale hard sponge type piece of shit that you put fruit and cream in. Itā€™s gross. Though in very mini form, the French do exceptional work with patisserie items, and I would consider trying them.

Quiche is set inside a flakey pastry casing. But if you are me you buy ā€˜crust lessā€™ quiche, because I donā€™t like the pastry and it unbalances the ratio of texture :joy:.
Basically an omelette right?

5 Likes

This is the flan I know, and have made, picture wise. I think of it as very Mexican and Spanish. Very delicious.

3 Likes

And then thereā€™s always Creme BrĆ»lĆ©e which IS Frenchā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

IMG_4732

7 Likes

Creme caramel??

2 Likes

This sounds about right to me,but it looks like there is probably a few different views on this :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll message it to you. :blush:

1 Like

Nope. Generally no caramel - otherwise, Iā€™d probably like it. :thinking:

2 Likes

So what youā€™re saying here is,ā€¦. youā€™re not a big Fan Of The Flan :upside_down_face:

Oh and good morning to you my friend :pray:t2:

7 Likes