Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Yes, indeed. Good morning :sunrise_over_mountains:

2 Likes

That is just flan funny.

3 Likes

His so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
There’s me thinking they were for salt and pepper :joy::laughing:

1 Like

14 Likes

Finally, proper food.

This is probably the best (and most simple) chicken you will ever try in your life: Angela Hartnett’s chicken thighs with ginger, lemon and chilli. With green beans, roasted echallion onions and rice.

:heart:

15 Likes

In Sweden we have one word for it all. Paj it’s either a sweet pie,or a non sweet pie or a crumble pie (Cobbler) Crust or no crust. Doesn matter it’s still a Paj.

If you do however make something like a casserole it’s a gratain no matter sweet or not sweet. (Gratäng in Swedish)

Much easier :joy:

8 Likes

This is the flan that I know. One of my best friends growing up was Portuguese and flan was always at the family parties.

5 Likes

M.A.V lunch. Mushrooms, avocado, vegan bacon

12 Likes

Chipotle and lime chicken wings with a side spinach and egg salad

13 Likes

8 Likes

Sausages for tea!

11 Likes

Late Dinner :plate_with_cutlery:

Prawns with seafood sauce, lettuce and egg with cucumber slices :yum:

14 Likes

That got me a little choked up! When my kids were little AND home, each meal I made them was plated quite like this. I hope it was tasty!

2 Likes

No bean chicken chilli with sour cream and vegan cheese on top.

Served with a side of Tortilla bread, Tortilla chips, corn and cucumber.

12 Likes

I had to look up teal and I am still not sure. My mind went directly to the color but the internet puts pressure on the duck.

Fascinating:

“The word ‘teal’ (the color) was first recorded in English in 1917. A teal is a freshwater duck known for a striking blue-green mark on its head. In the early 20th century, teal was adopted as the name of the color that the bird sports.

4 Likes

:hugs::hugs:
Since cutting out bread (had a cheat pitta few days ago), meals like this are actually becoming really tasty and filling.
I used to just put it all on a plate and eat it. As my food choices have changed I thought I should put some effort into how it looks to make it more appealing.

4 Likes

It’s tea with an exclamation mark :joy: not teal lol

5 Likes

Maybe I need glasses! Even my first generation American self is wonky about tea!

4 Likes

Yes TEA! Yet if @EarnIt had read it correctly we would not know the origins of teal and teal. I motion no glasses needed. :hugs::heart_eyes::blush:

5 Likes

All this flan talk reminds me of the movie Envy with Jack Black & Ben Stiller. There was a couple scenes about flan :joy:
IMG_7583

6 Likes