Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Even as a guy, I find porta porties more than enough to put me off any food! :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely be holding it :joy:
I donā€™t know how they get away with it.

Edit:
Itā€™s because of drought restrictions after the devastating Woolsey Fire a couple years back.

Thanks Google.

4 Likes

So Iā€™ve been trying to dial in my diet these days. It looks crazy because I mixed Hummus, & Tabasco sauce with my chicken, rice, and veggies. Iā€™m down 30 lbs from last year :+1:.

18 Likes

Hey man @Jftself way to take care of yourself!! Good to see you posting

3 Likes

Hey therešŸ‘‹ yea thought Iā€™d pop in lol. I gotta go to a book study in a minute so Iā€™ll probably be around later too

4 Likes

Can recommend some GREAT places if you get that organised!! Are you vegan? Whatā€™s thatā€™s vegan bacon like?

2 Likes

Wow thatā€™s impressive!! You do that just by watching what you eat?

1 Like

Iā€™m not vegan, but heavily flexitarian with a tendency towards fish and veggies over meat. I do eat meat though! Not a lot of it. The bacon is good, but thereā€™s better vegan bacon: ā€˜This Isnā€™t baconā€™ is better and the Richmond one is nice too.

Iā€™m not a big fan of some pork products like bacon and sausage unless they are in something like a Ragu or a pizza topping or slow cook. Donā€™t know why, it just freaks me out a bit, the processed partā€¦

Always wanted to do Prashad in Bradford. Bettyā€™s in York or Harrogate. Where are you from again? I lived in Lancashire for three years so Iā€™m not a stranger to the North, used to love a time in Leeds, Preston, Manchester or Newcastle, me. Back in my old naughty days :rofl:

6 Likes

Avoided all the delicious smelling food trucks at the park event I walked throughā€¦ :joy::sob:

Bagel, hummus, salad.

Kinda looks like a cartoon character.

18 Likes

Iā€™m such a creature of habit

15 Likes

Well this might have just solidified my dinner plans. :pizza:šŸ©·

3 Likes

And the girlā€™s got a hob :raised_hands: cottage pie

14 Likes

:+1: passing the food ,I always take food with me if I donā€™t want temptation

2 Likes

12 y/o wanted to make dinner today.
Homemade French Fries (Potato sticks with oil and spice made in the oven)
Chicken with bbq sauce, and cheese on top.

Old fashioned home made chocolate pudding for dessert.

14 Likes

Oh my days your 12yo has got it going on :star_struck:

3 Likes

@Tragicfarinelli I left the house for this food truck :joy: and skipped all the vendors there.

Last time I tried to get this they were out of mac and cheese. Iā€™ve been wanting to try it for a while now. Fries topped with mac and cheese, chicken and ranch (you pick your sauce)

16 Likes

No picture tonight.
Donā€™t want evidence of my kale turning out like crispy seaweed :sweat_smile: although it was rather nice still.

Edit: reading up on it, I see itā€™s actually a way to have it :smiling_face: Mine just was over over cooked for the dinner I made.

7 Likes

Abelardoā€™s Mexican here has amazing nacho fries. I donā€™t order them, I eat a tidbit from the kiddos. Usually, itā€™s when I eat carnitas.

EDIT: Ha! I missed the mac on it! I thought you got it because mac was out. So tired.

I canā€™t have that - unless I make my own with GF Mac. My father would likely buy it every day, or make it at home with McDs fries on the bottom. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah crispy kales lovely

1 Like

it must be something in the air weā€™re all loading fries :thinking:

3 Likes