Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Here’s what I use:

Ingredients

1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/2 c. water
3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. kosher salt

Boil liquid, add sugar and salt, stir until dissolved. Put onions in jar, add hot liquid. Let.sot for an hoir, then put in fridge.

8 Likes

Thank you so much, I will definitely try that! Do you make the pickling jars airtight by boiling them in water or is that not necessary for pickled onions?

1 Like

Too bad with all the great fruit around here blueberries is not one of them.

10 Likes

No boiling necessary, the brine alone will preserve them well enough.

1 Like

I second @Jesile. That recipe looks tasty, but gazpacho it is not. Only tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, garlic, bread, olive oil, salt and vinegar belong in gazpacho.

2 Likes

Do @Jesile or you have a authentic gazpacho recipe by any chance? In English if possible, my Spanish is a work in progress :nerd_face:

1 Like

They are quick pickled, need to be refrigerated and don’t last forever, just an fyi! But they last a long time. I make them all the time, too, @HoofHearted Sooooo tasty. You use more sugar than I do! :laughing: You can also put other herbs in to give them different flavors. I like them for about a week while they still have some crunch and then they end up getting a bit soft but still have that awesome flavor.

5 Likes

Rice noodles that aren’t really meant to be spaghetti but I needed to eat!

11 Likes

I seriously doubt they’d last more than a week in my fridge :grin:

3 Likes

Same! A jar lasts a good 3 days at my house. :grin:

4 Likes

Found a new place tonight.
Phil’s.

RED ANJUO PEAR SALAD
Mixed Greens, Candied Walnuts, Blue Cheese Crumbles and Balsamic Dressing

BABY BRO’S BEEF STROGANOFF
Thinly Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Creamy Onion and Mushroom Sauce over Buttered Pasta

13 Likes

Another cauliflower salad for everyones repetoire :+1:t2:
Cajun roasted Cauliflower and red onion binded with a chilli mayo and finished with flat leaf parsley
.tasty this one.
P.s you can swap mayo for greek yoghurt

15 Likes

13 Likes

Swedish meatballs, home made mashed potatoes, brown gravy, Lingonberry jam and veggies.

13 Likes

Omelettes take 2

11 Likes

Red snapper with a butter sauce topped with mangoes on a bed of rice

Filet mignon on a potatoe cake

13 Likes

Send it to me please. One of my favourites :heart:

1 Like

Tofu stir fry after my workout.

15 Likes

BBQ leftovers (grilled chicken, green beans) with grilled corn cut off the cob and added to a black bean salad. Included in salad: chopped grape tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, scallions, cilantro and a lime + cayenne vinaigrette.

11 Likes

Omg!!! That looks delicious :yum::drooling_face:

1 Like