Friday night - what's up

Sounds like a plan! Look after yourself. Getting out of your own head can be tough. I try to think of others, read, watch TV, eat something nice.

1 Like

Saturday morning here. I will have Christmas sorted by the end of the day.

Iā€™m also having a difficult time with my mum. She gets very sensitive because of her bi polar, and sometimes she thinks I donā€™t want to see her. Trying to mend imaginary broken bridges.

2 Likes

I love that show. The main character is hilarious

1 Like

615am Saturday morning! Loved catching up on @MrCade 's holiday and all the pyramid chatter, which made me laugh.

Going to go pick up an AA pal and we will go to our 715am meeting - I only dropped her off 10 hours ago following our Friday night meeting :rofl::rofl: Sometimes all this feels a little comical, but Iā€™m so glad not to be going through it alone and I love how we LAUGH loads.

I always felt like I struggled connecting with people in the way I wanted to when drinking. I am the kind of person that likes to be intense and deep with people. Sobriety seems to have brought me that gift in a way that is authentic, rather than fleeting and forgotten.

3 Likes

Wow I missed the thread last night!

I was asleep by 8 PM (early, even for me), and slept until 7 AMā€¦very, very late for me! I am usually up and active between 4 and 5. Guess I needed some sleep!

Anyhowā€¦5 days off work now. Need it, love it. Heres to the start of another sober weekend :wink:

1 Like

Bumping this up, cuz itā€™s FRIDAY.
Itā€™s not yet Friday night in my time zone (EST) so still at work. Got therapy after work, then most likely home and lazying on couch for some much needed quiet relaxation time.

7 Likes

Still the morning over here, PST, but I like the jump on the thread Ariel :hibiscus:

3 Likes

I am the exact same way. I feel like Iā€™m putting people out of their way or making waves if I ask a question, need something to be changed, etcā€¦even if its something Iā€™m paying for, like work being done to the house or when I was at physical therapy and didnā€™t like something. I just donā€™t like making a fuss.

3 Likes

Packing moving boxes :tired_face: Having a break now, itā€™s sooooo much stuff :joy:

3 Likes

But itā€™ll be SO worth it! Almost over!

1 Like

Work for the next 6 hours then home to a kid free night. Might start my starwars puzzle I got for xmas 1000 pieces lol

Agree @aircircle thanks for moving this up. After my little ones get to sleep, I will be going on a Netflix bender, binging tea & Pellegrino, and chewing more Nicorette gum than would likely be advised (havenā€™t smoked in 15 years), but this gum is helping me right nowā€¦tomorrow, I will wake up 1 month sober :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whatcha watching on Netflix?

Itā€™s snowing. Maybe I will introduce the teens to Aliens - or Men of Honor.

Maybe I will go to an AA meeting. :woman_shrugging: There are no Friday SMART meetings. I am a little fidgety.

1 Like

@MandiH I started a show called ā€œHell on Wheels.ā€ Itā€™s post Civil War Western about building the railroad through Native American Indian territories. Pretty intense racial and ethnic dynamics and a reminder of our sordid history. Took a few episodes to get into, but Iā€™m liking it now. I didnā€™t realize Common was such a damn fine actor. I need to check out the Netflix thread for more shows, as thatā€™s my nightly MO these days.

3 Likes

Criminal Minds marathon and breakfast for dinner! Pecan crusted chocolate chip french toast with honey ricotta, scrambled eggs, and maple sausage to be specific.
The holidays are tough for me, lots of stuff comes up and it is my busy season at work. So I am taking a break from being productive for the rest of the day and going to enjoy some much earned time with my fiancee and couch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OMG, that sounds amazingly delicious!!

1 Like

3 Likes

Let me guess? You will be at work for like 6 more hours?

2 Likes

Prohibition by Ken Burns.