Friday night - what's up

Never owned a microwave. Used it on a few occasions. Yes, I am glad we cleared the air about dishwashers and how to load the silverware . It had to be done. It was great fun. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Bring on the range debate! Gas vs. Electric! Induction? How many burners?

2 Likes

Gas for instant heat, I can’t stand the warmup on electric. Never tried induction.

Any positive integer should be fine as far as burner count goes. As long as it fits in my kitchen.

Gas, six burners. Salivating already.

1 Like

Need an electric oven though for baking.

1 Like

Can I have electric oven, gas burners? Does that properly exist?

1 Like

Chicago high rise condo = no gas unfortunately :frowning: even in sobriety, I’m a night owl, so glad this thread is alive right now :slight_smile:

I prefer gas but have had electric forever!

Coming late to the party!
Do you realise I’ve just read 300 off posts all from overnight. And I missed it all

Gas instant heat with electric oven

3 Likes

Gas is the best for cooking and baking. Speaking as a food industry professional, I never use convection ovens, or convection option. It bakes is from top as well and the cakes can not get to their full thickness. Just from my experience…Also, I always use an oven thermometer as the calibration might be off.

1 Like

I have electric at the moment, you learn to work with it but the results with gas is superior in my opinion.

1 Like

My stove is a 1948 Hotpoint range with double doors and a built in deep fat fryer. Honest to God.

4 Likes

I covet your range.

1 Like

@ChicagoT, You are a night owl ? It is almost 5:30 AM here. Talk about insomnia. Lol.

Still going strong!

1 Like

Cute! I love those. They work just fine.

1 Like

Yes! Wow, like 5:30 you are just waking up? Or 5:30 you’ve been up all night? Lol. My family goes to sleep around 8:30/9 and I used to just drink until I couldn’t. Now i just stay up anyway. Some habits die hard!

I’m not a permanent night owl, but these days I am going to bed between 3:30-5:30 AM, I may as well move to Japan instead of getting my sleep back on schedule haha

1 Like

Up all night unfortunately.

Wow, I’m not the only one then…we need a night owl thread :slight_smile: