Friday night - what's up

So sorry to hear that luluJo. Bipolar runs in my family, and though I don’t have that, I know the struggle all too well with my brother and sister :frowning:

1 Like

For my part, I am glad you are here. I enjoy your contributions on the forum and from the little I know of you, you seem like a pretty cool person.

1 Like

Ooh…South African! I like South African tea. I have not tried it. I think I will give it a go.

2 Likes

I agree 100% with what ifs just said @LuluJo

Cutting boards. What type and how do you clean them?

Color coded, plastic. Blue for seafood, yellow for chicken, brown for meat, white for vegetables. Wooden ones are for bread and cheese only. Cleaning must be done with a soft scrub product with bleach.
You can have one white for vegetables and another color like red for the rest of the products, as long as you clean them properly. Personally I put them in dishwasher after scrubbing for disinfectation.

1 Like

You know I talked about my Dad making us rewash dishes. That man will cut meat on a wooden cutting board and then give it a quick rinse. I swear I am going to catch a foodborne illness every time I am in that house! He’s a damn great cook, though!

My stepmom will dip chicken directly into a jar of mayo. Bleck.

Wow wow wow! Food poisoning time bomb. Cross contamination is the root of most foodborne illnesses. Be careful, as I am sure you have been.

Yes, I basically follow him around with a bleach bottle. :rofl:

AND I always bring my own mayo!

1 Like

In a past life I was a chef so understand all the reasons behind the different coloured boards. At home though I have only a wood board that gets cleaned thoroughly after every use. So far no health issues.

2 Likes

But I am also really hygenic. Before I start cooking anything I clean all the sides etc. My wife annoys me as she just starts cooking with all sorts of things n the way. She never had any formal training. If she’s cooking when I come home I tend to commie for her, cleaning up behind her​:joy::joy:. It annoys the hell out of her.
We have a serious lack of worktop space because we were given a 6 burner job so designed a small kitchen around it.

1 Like

As long as you clean it properly in between uses and keep it dry, I don’t see any problems.

1 Like

You know the rule is clean up as you go but if she never worked in a commercial setting, I understand. I have been cooking for so long that, multitasking is on autopilot. By the time I am done cooking, the kitchen is clean too.

1 Like

If this thread had background music, what would it be?

#procrastination

This is a great question you have posed. Now I will perseverate on it…is it Friday night music or kitchen appliance/utensil music?

My head is improvising cafe jazz with an electro influence and just a tiny whiff of industrial vibe. I don’t know how that possibly works together but it does in make believe land.

Whether that soundscape has anything to do with this thread, I don’t know… My brain wants to go with Daft Punk for this thread for some reason. The original stuff

1 Like

Kitchen music is making me think of “Be Our Guest” from Beauty and the Beast lol

3 Likes

For some reason, my mind went to Brasílian Bossa Nova, like maybe Getz and Gilberto, so we may be on the same page with cafe jazz…

1 Like

Try the soundtrack for The Big Night, great movie too.
I am into Madeleine Peyroux in the background lately.

2 Likes