Friday night - what's up

I will definitely honor that suggestion and check those out! Likely tonight :slight_smile:!

My kitchen sound track lately has been a Northern Soul compilation on Spotify. Gets me dancing round

3 Likes

I am stuck with a dog on my lap because I would feel like a horrible human being for disturbing her peace. Is it possible to live with oneself after un-lapping a dog? :ā€™(

3 Likes

My friend, are you an extreme empath, like myself?..we tend put others needs above our own, including all creatures. I would be having the same dilemmaā€¦

1 Like

I will check out this recommendation as well Geo!

Maybe just a bitā€¦

:open_mouth: I am saved by sounds coming from the kitchen! The doggo has made a voluntary exit in vain hopes of acquiring human food scraps!

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s not always a good thingā€¦pretty sure my alcoholism is related to that

Very good, the situation has resolved!

For me itā€™s been a life long thing. It probably got worse with alcohol, because I certainly started getting a lot worse at regulating emotions.

Haha it was the height of drama. I can breathe now!

And Iā€™m still learning the rules of these threadsā€¦is this much sidebar chatting ok on a main thread or is that frowned upon? I need to know the rules :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On one hand, weā€™re definitely getting sidetracked, on the other, this thread is more laid back and unstructured than most. This is the first time Iā€™ve engaged much in any forum so Iā€™m still learning the ettiquete myself.

2 Likes

@EarnIt @ifs
Rooibos tea is my go-to for strong flavor and decaf. Itā€™s the best. I like Tick Tock brand. Itā€™s South African and was prevalent in the UK. Not available in the USA, so I stock up when I have visitors from away.

1 Like

Can you share that playlist with us?

Well I must be a heathen, too. I just put them in the basket like @aircircle, although itā€™s not entirely willy-nilly.

I had no idea what those pieces of plastic in the dishwasher were for, I took them out of mine within a week.

My GF puts bowls etc into the dishwasher face up. Now thatā€™s unforgivable. (Jk, butā€¦really)

3 Likes

Ok. Iā€™m way late to the party, was visiting with my nephew so I read some last night but this game looked fun so I wrote out my answers before I got to the end of the thread! Lol.

#1. Worst job. Mortgage processing. It wouldnā€™t have been bad except I was 1 person literally handling everything for 8 branchesā€™ mortgages and was doing them in my sleep. Took 4 people to replace me and still they ended up hiring a mortgage company because the 4 couldnā€™t handle it. Fuck that job!

#2. Worst Advice: Hmm. Play their game back-mom meant well but fuck all that, I love games but not mental ones. Itā€™s bad to be selfish. Stay, itā€™ll get better as he gets older. Everyone else does it, itā€™s normal. (Fuck normal)

#3. Best advice: Live life on your own terms. Long engagements are good things, this was from my dad at age 13 right before he died. Best advice he ever gave me, I had a 14 year engagement where if we had been married, I would be paying alimony out because he was a complete bum at the end. Also, donā€™t own anyone elseā€™s issues-you can never fix that, only they can. Oh and, not to drink at my grandfathers funeral because it would taint my memory of HIS day with my relapse. So true!

#4. Treating people who annoy me for no reason? I usually just avoid/ignore them as much as possible but Iā€™m not mean about it.

#5. Who makes me laugh the most? My dog, hands down!!!

#6. How do I feel most misunderstood? I really donā€™t, because I really dont care what others think of me and how I roll. Hell I donā€™t understand it myself sometimes lol.

#7. Best trait? My eyes and my heart

#8. Goals for 2019. Live my life exactly how I want to for ME.

#9. Who is my best friend? I literally have several and many many more that call me their best friend. Like, more than 10 I would say. But my go-to people that I can tell anything to is my girlfriend @Yomomma, my BFF Jen and my other best friend Erin.

#10 Something you would like to change about yourself or improve on? My connection to me, exercising more.

#11. Who I would love to be stuck in an elevator with? Ok, I read this before bed last night and i literally dreamt we all met in an elevator lmao!

#12. If my house was on fire what would I grab? Once everyone was out, I would grab pictures and family heirlooms if possible. Iā€™ve dreamt about this more than once.

#12a-Most embarrassing thing thatā€™s ever happened to you? Ripping the ass out of my pants in 5th grade. Thank God I had a sweatshirt lmao.

#13. What job would you be terrible at? A surgeon. Cutting people open and breaking apart their bones to fix themā€¦Iā€™m all set. My nephew and I just had this conversation last night lol.

#14. If you could be a member of any tv sitcom family, what would it be? The old Roseanne, just like my house growing up lol.

#15. What did you last relationship teach you? Or what do you think about when youā€™re by yourself. Iā€™ll answer both. It taught me how much someone else can manipulate you into controlling you and keeping you from who you are. When Iā€™m alone, I think about ways I can stay sane and all the things I cant wait to change.

#16. 5 things youā€™d take in a zombie apocalypse?
My guns, my boy, food, water storage and a tent?

#17. If you were kind/queen/other royalty for a day, what would be your first rule that you would change? I would make mental healthcare more accessible. Itā€™s a pretty serious thing and resources are constantly being cut and people are really suffering from it.

#18. Favorite toy growing up? Teddy Ruxpin.

#19. What is something you really dislike but have no good reason for disliking? Injustice and the legal system. Also arrogance and big egos.

#20. Cure for hiccups? Putting water in my mouth, while standing putting my head down by my feet and swallowing. If that doesnā€™t work, drinking water through a butter knife in my mouth sideways. Strange but it works!

Annnnnddddddā€¦
If anyone wants to play again, I had a question where I was curious which fictional TV character is most like you?
Mine is Donna from that 70s show.

6 Likes

Hey! Iā€™m just waking up and reading through thisā€¦loving the convo as a foodie music nerd :joy:

I think Iā€™m a thread like ā€œwhatā€™s up Friday nightā€ people are just looking for a space to meet up and talk (how cool would it be if we could actually all meet up?) so sidetrack away. I think people try to stay mostly on topic if someone reaches out for specific help, butā€¦even then things can get led astray. These side convos are what help us get to know one another! Glad youā€™re here
Much Love,
Ely

5 Likes

On this thread sidetracked is totally ok! On the ones where people are looking for help, we try not to sidetrack those but it does happen sometimes depending on where the conversations go. Then people more technologically smarter than I am, move it lol.

1 Like

I have never watched it but now Iā€™m going to have to look into it! :slight_smile: