Friday night - what's up

Holly shit! I am glad you all made it out of there alive. What a disaster.

Friday night thread… What’s everyone up to? Today was mine and my boyfriend’s last proper day off before going before going back to work next week :sob: We had a good day though, went for a walk in the woods this morning, out for lunch and then to the arcade. Air hockey is SO MUCH FUN.

Burger and chips for dinner, catching up on Luther tonight and playing some Grim Fandango :skull:

3 Likes

I was JUST coming here to resurrect the Friday thread :slight_smile: You beat me to it!

Seems like you’ve got a nice day so far.

I am working from home today, as I do every Friday. Be done in 45 minutes or so. Today is Chief’s 3rd birthday (my dog), and the weather is actually nice here somehow (well, nice for January), so I am taking the two gremlins to the park to play some fetch. Have some dog ice cream in the freezer for them when we get back. I take them for fetch all the time when its warm, just haven’t been able to as of late because the frozen ground cuts up their paws…it’ll be a nice surprise for them today since the dirt has softened a bit.

Other than that…not much going on tonight! I’ve got some movies lined up that I’ve been meaning to watch, so maybe I’ll put one of those on.

3 Likes

What movies? I watched bird box. Did not like it.

3 Likes

No interest in Bird Box here. Either way, I’ve got more shows on my hands than I can handle already (still trying to watch all of Frasier, I’m about 75% through…and re-watching Breaking Bad with my GF since she never saw it).

As far as movies go…I am a self-desrcibed film buff, and right now I am focusing on watching “classics” that I haven’t seen yet, that I probably should’ve seen by now.

Watched “The Sting” earlier this week. That was good. Some ones I have lined up:

-Assault on Precinct 13 (love John Carpenter)
-Casablanca
-Aliens (emphasis on the ‘s’)
-They Live
-Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Who knows, I could just end up watching episodes of “Dr Pimple Popper” instead. A show both revolting and satisfying.

1 Like

Can I have the quantities for your “natures truffles” please. Sounds lush.:blush:

Currently making my tea after having a nice relaxing bath! Then ill be catching up on tv :smiley:
Happy friday!

Ah happy birthday Chief! A game of fetch and some ice cream sounds like a good birthday for a doggo.

1 Like

Your worst job ever?
I once helped my ex decorating Goa parties and also cooking fresh Chai tea there. It was awful…only did that 2 times bc he was begging me. Grrrr

Worst advice anyone has given you?
You need to behave “more ladylike” …

Best advice anyone has given you?
Listen to your gut feeling, it’s always right

How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?
Do you know Ally MCBeal? She had the BEST killing-thoughts when ppl annoyed her. I do the same :joy:

Who makes you laugh the most?
My coworker (she’s the queen of “I did not mean to make that face out loud”) hilarious

How do you feel most misunderstood?
Arguing with friends (or back then with family) about my job…as if I would work on the dump…god dammit even if it’s stressful I still like my job. Not everybody has the money to study.

Your best trait?
Integrity

Goals for 2019?
Just doing things right, be a good person, hit the gym frequently

Who is your best friend?
His name is thomas, he is always there when I need him, a true angel

Something you would like to change about yourself? Or improve upon?
Patience! I still need to learn patience.

Who would you love being stuck in an elevator with?
M. Ghandi

If your house were on fire… what’s the one thing you would grab?
Difficult question bc I would be in total panic. My purse and cellphone probably.

What job would you be terrible at?
Selling cars…

If you could be a member of any tv sitcom family, which would it be?
Big Bang Theory :+1::wink:

What did your past relationship teach you? Or. What do you think about when you’re by yourself?
I somehow forget myself when in a relationship, I nearly only focus on my partner…but well my last relationship I had was over 10 years ago so shrugs

What five things would you take with you during the zombie apocalypse and why?
Dude…I have no idea :joy: Anything I could use as a weapon I guess.

If you were kind/queen/other royalty for a day, what would be your first rule that you would change?
Free studying for everyone bc education should be available for everybody not just for those who have money!

What was your favorite toy growing up?
I had 2, a helicopter and a fighter aircraft

What is something you really dislike but have no good reason for disliking?
The sound some ppl make when they swallow…

What’s your cure for hiccups?
Holding my breath and swallow as often as I can

4 Likes

Thanks! We just got back from their jaunt in the fields. They had a great time, really wore themselves out. They are going to sleep hard, probably through to the morning (its only 330pm here). I reckon they may be willing to get up for ice cream!

6 Likes

Got the fire roaring and watching Luther.

6 Likes

I will be working tonight, but will be checking in every so often :ok_hand: #bump

3 Likes

Watching latest series of Luther

2 Likes

Series 5? Have you just watched the last episode :anguished: or are you on catchup?

1 Like

Currently watching episode 4 that was on earlier tonight on iplayer, is this the last one :thinking:

Yep. It was only a 4 parter. Won’t spoil it for you.

Friday night :grinning: love it , my lady is away so it’s only me , the dog and her son at home. Done eat tacopizza that we made .chill with Harry Potter 2 .kid choosed . I got to say it life does tastes well . Happy sober :pray::grinning:

6 Likes

Thx, i have just seen it. It was ok, but i think the previous seasons were better

I’m doing crafts and sipping sweet and spicy herbal tea. I plan on reading and taking a bath to relax. I’m taking it easy tonight🤗

6 Likes

Chilling with the hubs and step kids. Laid up in bed eating my spicy hot mama pickle and going to bed at like 9! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes