Friday night - what's up

Oh God these were so annoying to me lol my kids had the front two lol hopefully yours don’t go off randomly in the middle of the night like ours used to

1 Like

What are you making?

No rest for the wicked eh? Does the goat work 7 days a week?

I have a sunrise meeting on Saturday morning. So once I am up, I will be up for the day.

Work on the weekend is “less structured.” But I have to do all my stuff I can’t get done in the week and prep for the next week. Not much chill time for Goat. If Sunday morning isn’t Snomegeddon, I may try and take the boys out for a romp.

4 Likes

Im rhinestoning some Rosie the Riveter type costumes for a nine year old jazz dance…

…that’s the reality right now :joy:

2 Likes

Meanwhile my HP sent me a surprise. A sale notice on a gadget I didn’t know existed: An AC powerline-based wifi network extender. If it worked it would be an elegant solution to a frustrating situation with my home network.

It totally works! And well. :grinning: :+1: At half price, even.

4 Likes

Huh, clever! I never thought about engineering a wifi extender in that way.

2 Likes

Right? I may have seen these before and wrote them off out of skepticism. They totally work though.

Network cable goes in the AC adapter, data comes out the other AC adapter within some hundred feet of power line. This one has a little wifi transmitter plus two ethernet ports on the business end.

Nothing else given my apartment layout and neighborhood wifi congestion was really working. Not getting top speeds, but still more than before and stable.

Neat!

2 Likes

It’s a satisfying amount of hacking win. No need to run wires or attempt further radio congestion when you’ve got a 60Hz carrier waiting in copper for you to use it!

1 Like

This sounds fabulous. Show me the guns, ladies! :muscle:

1 Like

It goes, although not well! He totally can do it; he’s a strong willed little guy though, and sometimes he just digs his heels in. I was downstairs doing laundry the other day and he comes to get me saying, “Come, come Mama! There’s escaping poop!”

Me:. “What do you mean by that?”
Him: “I mean there is escaping poop!”
Me:. “Where is there escaping poop?”
Him, looking soooo pleased: "“In da floor!!!”

4 Likes

I certainly think so! :wink: Probably should have specified, I most prefer the chocolate chip cookie recipe without the chips, add walnuts. Mmmmm…

Bill, any cookie is cookie dough flavor if you never put them in the oven!

5 Likes

I love this! :heart:

Goat needs more chill time - else he shall wind up at the vet.

Hmmm…:thinking:

1 Like

Had dinner with an old friend who i lost contact with as a result of my isolation due to drinking. I was transparent with her and shared my journey with her about my commitment to sobriety and apologized for my years of ignoring her efforts of reaching. It was very liberating. She is one of my few friends that doesn’t drink. I’m looking forward to spending quality
time with her in the future. Feeling grateful that she is receptive to rekindling our strained friendship. It was worth taking the chance and reaching out. Working torwards 3 weeks of sobriety. The 6 PM Happy hour urges are starting diminish. I’ve replaced it with a pot of green tea since :broken_heart: with the bottle. Have an amazing weekend!:grin:

2 Likes

Oh shit Holly. I’m sorry that made me laugh, but I know I’ll be doing the same kind of cleanup soon enough.
It seemed like he was so proud though.

1 Like

Oh Jason - you have no idea how proud of himself he was!!!

3 Likes

Wise words in there. When we play, our passion comes back so no dullness will be found there!