Friday night - what's up

Yesterday (since its after 1am) i went to whole foods with my mom to check out the sweets that are safe for my daughter. Then we had lunch, stopped at walmart and i dropped her off and came home. I trimmed up some bushes also because they were scratching my new car.

1 Like

Iā€™m 1 day after celebrating my 1 year sober anniversary and I went to a bar tonight with my best friend that Iā€™m visiting for the holiday. I didnā€™t have one drink but I had so many people question me about why it was uncomfortable. Even a year through and I still canā€™t really explain it to people and find the invasive and awkward line of questioning from near strangers pretty rude and uncomfortable. I think among many learning opportunities this year this is a big one. To mind my own business when talking to people and to let them tell a story if they want to but not to press for personal information if itā€™s not being offered.
So itā€™s 2:40am. I played pool, stayed sober, and danced a bit and I had probably more fun than the drunks sitting at a table doing shots with beer and wine chasers and Iā€™ll be much happier about it when I wake up tomorrow. Happy Friday.

7 Likes

I LOVE dumplings. Sounds amazing!

Here still Friday afternoon. Iā€™m mentally preparing myself since yesterday for this Friday night. I just need to get over this night and then everything is much easier. Preparing advent calendars for the kids tongiht and then might watch a movie with my husband. Bit the time between 6pm and 9pm will be the hardestā€¦ Iā€™m thinking right now that every firday night in the past I drankā€¦ How awful this thought isā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve replaced my wine with a big pot of decaf green tea and a warm blanket. Iā€™m loving it :blush:

2 Likes

I know that feeling. Fridays are always hard for me. Check in here every five minutes tonight if you need to. I find that planning something delicious to eat and taking a hot shower, getting into PJs and brushing my teeth helps. Sounds weird, I know, but for some reason, bushing my teeth makes me not want to eat or drink after.
Get through tonight and you will feel SO PROUD if yourself tomorrow morning. You got this. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanx so much. Yes I will check in here again tonight if I need to.

1 Like

I was just about to look for a Friday thread. Iā€™m gonna need it this evening.

4 Likes

We should take a sober walk together sometime tonight :hugs: I donā€™t think weā€™ve ever hung out together without drinking :thinking::grimacing::star_struck:

2 Likes

So happy to find this post right now.
Last couple of Friday I felt so depress, home alone, and I ate so badly to compensate. But I feel even more like shut after, because Iā€™m working out a lot and then feel like eating all the ice cream in the world with too much Wendyā€™s - that doesnā€™t make sense to me.

SO I had a plan for tonight !! I subscribed to something call ā€œgood foodā€ and they sent you all the ingredients and recipe to make food. I already cook, but at the end of the week I donā€™t feel like going back to groceries or eating the same thing Iā€™ve been eating all week or the same recipe I always do. So yesterday I received my box and i have all I need to make 2 recipes that I never eaten before.

So guess what Iā€™m doing tonight? After the gym, instead of passing by Wendyā€™s and getting chips and my usual Ben&Jerry pint, Iā€™ll go straight home to cook, eat plenty of good food, then chilling.

I hope itā€™ll work for me !!! Iā€™m trying so hard to change the bad habits

3 Likes

That sounds like an awesome plan - I love those as I love cooking but struggle with pre planning and getting motivated to cook for myself. I used to do hello fresh and an thinking about it again, as itā€™s so easy and fun. :bird:

Great idea, Iā€™ve seen a few of these companies maybe Iā€™ll give one a try. I live alone too so I get what youā€™re saying. Itā€™s kind of cool to have someone think out the recipe and buy the food, itā€™s like a little surprisešŸ˜Š. Post a pic in the food section, I wanna see. PleasešŸ˜Š

1 Like

Aww, are you guys real life friends? Thatā€™s awesome!

1 Like

Neighbors :slight_smile:ļø

5 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome!

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to workout tonight. I need to get out of my head and push through my mini funk.

5 Likes

Friday/Saturday nights or happy hour is a big weakness. Need to go to the gym or walk the dogs. Keep busy some how some way.

2 Likes

Friday night= look for a new job +work out. And stay sober.

3 Likes

Yes, and think how good youā€™re going to feel Saturday morning and your wallet will be fatter.

2 Likes

I am in the same place @anon35096624.
Itā€™s is so helpful to know Iā€™m not alone. hoping it went ok for you.
This is my first sober Friday in as far as I can remember. Day 6. I have been dreading it all day but not been too bad. Kept busy, went late night shopping and got my hubby to cook. My trigger is cooking - As soon as I get a pan out I pour a glass! No more I hope.
Keep going and take care.