Friday Thread #2

I talked this out with someone today. Distractions are good and fine, but also I need to stop putting so much pressure on myself to get things done, practice acceptance, practice mindfulness throughout my activities, seek balance and regulation. Essentially my unbalanced drive has been screwing with my having a calm mind, which ironically has been keeping me from being effective at anything I’ve been trying to do. And leaves me tired and vulnerable to emotional swings like I’m having now.

I basically have homework that is a lot of work because it is about not trying to do a lot of work. But without ambition I have a hard time finding any activity interesting. So I’ve gotta find something to do still. I tend to be results oriented more than I should be with my hobbies and want to stop being that way.

3 Likes

Dabbled in the past, but lost interest.

I was thinking some token gifts for your visitors Monday. Perhaps ornaments even!

1 Like

Ah, nice idea!

1 Like

We’ve been binge watching The Witcher on Netflix. A little gory but well done. Hope you’ve survived the night with your kiddos.

2 Likes

Your post made me think of Eckhart Tolle. There’s a thread in TS :point_down:

Have you come across his work? I am trying to focus on mindfulness, and I’m finding his words very interesting, for where I am in my journey.

I’ve watched a fair bit of him on YouTube, and liked his 10-part soul series with Oprah so much that I downloaded it in Spotify.

Just thought I’d share as it could be something you could listen to over the weekend… if it’s of interest… :thinking::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

This came up between holiday movies. Looks good!

Also, Holly Star was a good one. (Warning for people drinking some.)

1 Like

We’re appropriately sucked in. 3 episodes tonight. Henry Cavill?? swoon

1 Like

Is the Friday night thread dead? It’s Friday night and I am laying in bed spending quality time on TS. One of my goals for 2020 was to post more. It helps me take my mind off that ever present pull to alcohol.

4 Likes

I put the movie Iron Will on, but now I’m too tired to finish it

2 Likes

Getting ready to retire myself. I will have to check out that film.

I was just wondering about this thread and here you are posting! Didn’t do much tonight except watch TV and unwind after a really long work week. Running a 5k in the morning so I’m heading to bed. Just wanted to check in for a minute. Thankful to be going to bed sober!

2 Likes

Cool 5K!!
Tough week is over, now some rest :slightly_smiling_face:

I am bicycle riding in the morning with a friend if it is not pouring rain.

Good luck on your run!!!

Happy Friday!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes. It’s been about 10 years since I’ve run an official 5k. I’m slow but I don’t quit. Been training for about 6 weeks and just hope to finish without hurting anything! Hope the rain holds off for you tomorrow. Should be good weather for us in the morning. Temp about 47° and no rain!

2 Likes

Just a quiet dinner at home with mom tonight. Now out of the fridge and into the fire.

Heading to bed to fly back to California tomorrow. Countdown to Monday after two and a half weeks in another world.

@crystalclear
So how did it turn out?
I would bet better than you thought :grinning:

Thanks for asking! My goal was 45 minutes (I just started running 6 weeks ago) and my time was 45:19 so I’m pleased. I pulled my hamstring a few weeks ago and it was really bothering me today. I’d like to think if I was healthy my time would have been better. We’re going to do another one next month. Hoping to just get faster!

6 Likes

Nice work, keep at it!!!

1 Like

Maybe a bit late for some, but…

Bumpity bump!

What’s everyone up to this sober Friday? (Or weekend)

4 Likes

Meeting starting! :v:

2 Likes