Friday Thread #3

Still Friday eve here, sigh. :blush:

2 Likes

IMG_5592

6 Likes

download (1)
Happy Friday everyone - lets have a lovely addiction free day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Good Friday morning, folks. Just checking in. Gonna be a bit of a nervewracker for me today. Got a job interview in half an hour, then another one later this afternoon. Two interviews in one day! Gulp!!

11 Likes

Happy Friday William
Sending you good luck vibes - best wishes for today!
giphy

2 Likes

I hope everyone is having a great Friday! :raised_hands:t3:

I made some bread rolls and a carrot cake today. No picture of the carrot cake yet, I still need to let it cool down a bit until I can put the frosting on top.

Some friends are coming over to stay at mine for a few days. This was unplanned but very exciting! 🫶🏼💛

13 Likes

Nice. You could make some good meatball subs with those, or Philly cheesesteaks.

2 Likes

Ooh, I didn’t even think of that! Brilliant idea! :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

So pretty :heart_eyes:!!!

2 Likes

Happy Friday! Little to no sleep last night so I got up after a short but powerful storm we had around 3 am. Got some much needed rain, thankfully, but it’s still a heat index of over 100F here today and like a sauna outside. My walk with Lupe early this morning was very pleasant as we beat the heat, and I just got back from a grocery run before it was terribly hot. I’m going to make myself an omelette for lunch and then start working on tzatziki to go with our Greek “mezze” platter dinner. The tzatziki needs to meld flavors for a few hours ahead of time. Then maybe a nap! :sleeping:

Soooo looking forward to cooler temps tomorrow and a morning trip to the farmers market!

6 Likes

Good luck!

A bread maker! They’re beautiful! I get my new big kitchen, I’m going to try bread!

1 Like

Happy Friday all. A mere 8 hours of work separate me from my two day weekend which I am freakishly excited for. Saturday will be a trip to the library, a visit with my sister, cooking and maybe a bike ride. Sunday is Oppenheimer in IMAX.

Just for the sake of argument lets pretend I was still deep in my addiction leading up to a weekend. Today I would be preoccupied all day with how to get enough alcohol. I would not interact with other people and you could feel my sadness radiating off of me. Saturday and Sunday would involve sleeping late, drinking early and probably picking an anxious fight with my husband. Madness!

I choose soda water and tea this weekend.

11 Likes

Thank goodness we aren’t living in addiction right now- so much time wasted before, during and after… So much healthier now and I love that you have a trip to the library planned.

Have a wonderful addiction free weekend Emilie!

1 Like

Thanks Jazzy! You too.

I know that it is always there just lurking but I am happy that it won’t get me today, and probably not tomorrow either. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thank you Rosa! :heart_eyes:

@MsCjean Thank you! :heart_eyes: I got a new Kenwood stand mixer this spring, it has made all the difference for me!

3 Likes

What’s good my dudes?

Last day of my first regular week back at work. It’s been a pretty wild July. I only really have one thing to do today, which is write up my employee’s annual review. I’ll be leaning on ChatGPT to help with making my review succinct and professional, but don’t tell anyone! Shhhhh…

I’m (strongly) considering doing a short hike this weekend.and will most definitely go see.the new Haunted Mansion movie tonight!

It’s nice to know that there’s an endless list of things to do when NOT drinking!

10 Likes

I am nearly through my first Friday night in a long time without reaching for the bottle. I have enjoyed a long bath, dyed my hair and enjoyed a good movie (which I will remember in the morning).
Heading into town tomorrow and a meal with family, glad I will be clear eyed for it all :blush:

9 Likes

Happy Friday everyone! 42 days ago I would have started drinking at noon. I work from home so no one knew. It’s 4:25 where I am now so I would have been drunk. I find this a difficult thing to say out loud but it’s true.

However, this Friday I will begin purging my closet. Since getting sober I have this overwhelming need to clear my home of clutter.

It’s supposed to rain here this weekend so maybe I’ll get lucky and get the linen closet done as well. Lol

11 Likes

Love that attitude! Hope you ate starting off your weekend beautifully :heart_eyes: