Friday Thread #3

Ughhh yes!! Loud chewing/smacking/slurping. My husband is a noisy eater, especially soup, cereal, pasta. I can’t take it. Also him chewing his nails, and especially when he keeps a piece in his mouth and randomly bites down on it.
My dog licking himself. Especially at night but any time. And his mouth noises (muck mouth we call it - smacking his mouth when it’s all pasty etc). I know he can’t help it but it sends me.

3 Likes

I think the clinical term is The Willies. I’ll get the worst case of the Willies anyone has ever seen.

3 Likes

Also being rural, we get a lot of house flies at times. When they get near a light fixture and stay there/get stuck or fixated, with their stupid fly buzzing noises.

3 Likes

Now I need to know the noise you’re referring to!

4 Likes

Lets guess:
Cracking knuckles,
Burping,
Whistling

5 Likes

I don’t know if I can trust you all… I entrusted so many people before and they ALL gave me the willies!!!

Ok… I’ll tell you. Even thinking about it sends shivers down my spine…

It’s the sound of paper being creased. Seriously, I just got sweaty hands from typing it…

5 Likes

I could see that. Almost like a pre-papercut shiver. Yuck.

2 Likes

5 Likes

giphy (4)

4 Likes

8 Likes

Happy Friday!
good-morning-friday-we-made-it-f3s1f0m2bk7odldz

6 Likes

9 Likes

Whats everyone getting up to today? It’s my day off which is good because it sounds like I need to hunker down with a puzzle from Meme Wars to crack the code. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m off work today because I work Saturday and Sunday. The house could use tidying but that is really all I “need” to do today. I could make some phone calls but I probably won’t. I might finish The Haunting of Bly Manor @HoofHearted or cook something delicious or order in pizza. The day is mine. Best stay sober for it, nothing ruins a good day (or an addicts whole life) quite as fast as a drink.

9 Likes

I’m taking the day off work. I have the worst sore throat that I’ve ever had. I might go to the clinic snd make sure its not strep. Anyone have remedies? I haven’t been able to sleep so I’m tired and grumpy today.

10 Likes

Lemon and honey ginger water with cayenne is a go to in our house. It burns a bit but it offers some relief afterward. Or just gargling salt water is what I grew up with.

4 Likes

I can touch my teeth together today, woot woot! I am still sore but am feeling hungry so I will likely eat something tasty today. Happy Friday!

10 Likes

Happy Friday all. Had an exciting day so far of work and the opticians! I need to make better use of my Friday afternoons for the rest of the year as I go FT in January. We are ordering pizza tonight and then will read my book in bed.

Glad you are improving @RosaCanDo Feel better soon @HoofHearted

10 Likes

Tea with honey throughout the day but get it swabbed. If it is Strep antibiotics are your best bet. Rest up man.

7 Likes

Lemon ginger with cayenne as Rosa mentioned is amazing. I also do a warm water salt gargle every half hour or so till throat feels better.

4 Likes

My Friday night ginger and verbena tea, not really connected with Dan’s throat troubles but it might be nice. With a bit of honey of course. Of to the couch I am. Have a good one all!

11 Likes