Friday Thread #3

6 Likes

Oh boy, I napped all afternoon ā€¦ read a bit, nap, cuddle cats, nap ā€¦

So my plan for the rest of the day is this

7 Likes

I think it is more common than most people think to have worsening depression in the summer. All that pressure to be outside living it up is tough on my depressed brain. This is the summer that I conquer that voice of sadness. :muscle:t3:

6 Likes

You make me giggle every time :joy:

3 Likes

This was my version of season depression when I lived in the desert. Summers were brutal and it was very hard for me.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really focused on depression these days. Quitting alcohol gave me such a mood boost and Iā€™m pretty sure if I can just listen and do some friendly hand to hand sparring with this occasional depression I will be unstoppable.

Did you get any sleep Rosa?

5 Likes

I got good sleep the night before last. It saved me. Last night not so much but I feel okay at the moment and might get a nap in before my guests arrive.

5 Likes

Maybe its a happy anxious insomnia. I get that way before something exciting sometimes. Have a great weekend with good people.

4 Likes

The original is actually a gif with a jaunty sea song but unfortunately it doesnā€™t translate to TS

4 Likes

Aw man! Iā€™ll have to find it. I am a huge sponge bob fan btw lol

3 Likes

Hahaha youā€™re so optimistic :grimacing: but Iā€™m sure it will be a lovely time. Thanks chica.

2 Likes

Iā€™m faking most of that. :shushing_face: Donā€™t tell anyone.
If you get nervous just yell ā€œI donā€™t drink anymoreā€ then everyone will be nervous. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

That made me lol for realz :sweat_smile::rofl:

2 Likes

As part of my day off plan I stopped by to see my sister. She was holding a patio chair for me that I was half done spray painting. We are very similar except she is still actively drinking.

About 10 seconds after arrival I realized she had been drinking. She was angry at her boyfriend so we talked through a lot of that. My go to emotion was sadness hers is anger. My go to coping method was drinking hers still is.

It makes me very grateful that I no longer drink when I see people I love drunk. It felt like I had all the self awareness in the world back then when in fact I was hiding. I felt tough back then but I bet I looked so scared. I am so grateful to be in my semi clean home with a clear head and iced tea and a sandwich in front of me instead of oblivion.

7 Likes

Im all outta hearts! :frowning: im freezing my spending for the weekend. Granted i bought all things we ā€œneedā€ but it was alot of money for one day! Groceries, more dinner plates, size smaller clothes (4 shirts, 2 capris)ā€¦lots of moneyā€¦erg

@moderators how many hearts do i get for 24hrs?

5 Likes

In bed at 7:30. Massage actually triggered a worse headache. FML.

1 Like

I think the moderators @ only works in PM context. I asked the others for the number of likes. I only found number of 50/day when you are abouve TL 0. But this seems a general default setting for discourse.

6 Likes

So your trust level is 3. In trust level 1 you have 125 which then is multiplied by 2. So so can like 250 times per 24 hrs . :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the response @anon74766472 i guess i just need to be more stingey with my love lol

5 Likes

First one on the friday thread today!!!

Folks, what are you doing on your sober friday?

I was up early, did some office work and started mowing the hiiiiiigh lawn at my mumā€™s house. Enjoyed the loooooong shower afterwards, leftovers for lunch and itā€™s couch & cats for the rest of the day. I love comfy fridays :blush: My miows love it too :smile_cat::smile_cat::smile_cat:

9 Likes