Friday Thread #3

I have had a sleep paralysis a couple of times in my life. Last time in my mid-twenties. It’s absolutely horrendous. I always sense a presence of something evil. I call on the name of Jesus Christ if I’m able. I’m aware that there’s a science behind a sleep paralysis and I’m not ignorant of it. I just think there’s more to it. Hoping to never experience one again.

5 Likes

@Dazercat I know it’s not your field but thought of you anyway. Would you plant a chef’s hat and some cooking utensils? :smile:

11 Likes

I’m starting my day with coffee, kitty cuddles and sunshine on my face. Then a quick walk to work and hopefully a good 8 hours. I’ll watch a movie and treat myself to pizza after work (and after push-ups) tonight.

I’ve been tracking my food intake this week and it is out of hand. I am overeating, I think just to use the app. I will use my tool to gather data first and then make change? Silly brain.

Saturday is for long needed grocery shopping and Sunday is for grocery eating. Its the Super Bowl on Sunday in America so while my husband watches football I’ll make homemade little meatballs and paint a dollhouse. Sober is the way and little by little I will make those positive changes. Happy Friday all!

9 Likes

I fell asleep right after I posted this morning.

From my understanding, SP happens when your brain prematurely releases the horomone that paralyzes your limbs and prevents you from talking, so that you don’t act out your dreams (ever dream you’re trying to run away, but can’t, like you’re running through knee high sand? Thats the paralysis at work).

It happens to me when im dead tired but still awake. It’s like my brain is waiting for it to sleep, then gets tired and just goes to sleep mode anyways.

When it begins, I feel a whole body vibration. By the time I realize what’s happening it is too late, cant move, cant talk. If I open my eyes, I’m usually in my current environment, but in daylight. Then the creepies arrive. Sometimes it’s shadowy figures, some times its zombies. This is when I concentrate and try to move my head to one side, then the other. Eventually I can shake my head and my body is released, I open my eyes and its dark. Within seconds, it starts all over again.

Many times, I’ll have a few moments of lucid dream right before the SP. My sister who has the same issue, tought me techniques to stay in the lucid dream without experiencing the SP part, I haven’t mastered it yet. But one things for sure, don’t ever look at your self in the mirror while lucid dreaming, it’s terrible! :grin:

'Nuff of that… time for coffee!

6 Likes

Excellent timing! Enjoy!

IMG_6162

6 Likes

I do think that everyday is national pizza day in my world. It would now be culturally insensitive for me to abstain though. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I second that! We celebrated unbeknownst to us last night. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I’ve just had carbonara pizza in honour of this important day,
Someone’s gotta do it.

5 Likes

Its our duty as citizens.

5 Likes

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!

Didn’t even realize it was Friday till halfway through the day – believe me i was so pleasantly surprised! Had a very productive day and now relaxing. Going to try and find a good movie and do some knitting.

Much love sober fam – hoping for another amazing night and weekend ahead

7 Likes

Now that my son is asleep, my night will consist of self care and icecream :ice_cream:
Hoping for a good rest as i have work tmrw

6 Likes

Happy Friday, one and all! Have a great time during the weekend!:muscle:t2::partying_face:

9 Likes

Happy Friday all! Its after midnight here so I can say it. Today I will be celebrating 2 years sober.

Thanks to all of you who gave me support along the way. There is peace in my soul today. Have happy and sober weekends. :kissing_heart:

26 Likes

Emilie! What a great pleasure on this wonderful friday!!! Happy 2 years soberversary :birthday::notes::sunflower::dancer::woman_fairy::confetti_ball::tada::clap::four_leaf_clover:You are amazing!

6 Likes

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

6 Likes

Happy Friday sober folks!
What are YOU doing today?

I will pack my cats and move them to the farm. If they cooperate. If not then tomorrow it is. No stress.
Besides this I’ll run some errands and do grocery shopping, I’m out of everything.
And in the afternoon I want to read on the couch with the woodstove burning and enjoy the cats settling in at the farmhouse again. I keep you posted how it’s going.

7 Likes

Congratulations @TrustyBird :partying_face::confetti_ball::tada::clap:t2::mending_heart: Wow! Two years. Can’t even imagine :sunglasses:

I’m off to friends this evening. We have a long ongoing fantasy game and it’s time to fight some space pirates.
There will be snacks there. I will eat my supper beforehand. I am a bit apprehensive as they will be somewhere in my line of sight. I don’t want to eat them.

7 Likes

Omg beautiful Emilie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so lovely to meet you. :people_hugging:
So happy to be celebrating your 2 year soberversary with you today! :tada::confetti_ball::heavy_heart_exclamation:
Hope you have a wonderful way to celebrate You today :tada::tada::heart:
f8390947-6af9-4629-93a2-a340ff651c97_text

5 Likes

65cf1fd53f944636617753
Congratulations Emilie. Very proud of you. :v:

6 Likes

Congratulations to your massive achievement!:tada::confetti_ball::partying_face::partying_face::confetti_ball::tada:

Have a nice celebration!

5 Likes