Friday Thread #3

1pm, work day done, heeellloooooo Friday and weekend :heart_hands:
@erntedank I bought new shoes and clothes for biking and a seitenschlƤferkissen :heart_eyes: For the English people, thatā€™s a pillow in U form that helps your spine and neck while sleeping on the side. Less backpain and neckpain, hopefully :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Tgif right

Thank god its friday.
.to day is my monday ughhhhh
5 days of work start in about 1hour and 25min

Woke up early
Did some chores
Right now im watching the baby while wifey is upstairs

Super greatful to be here

11 Likes

Friday Friday! I have skipped swimming again as my back and rib pain just wonā€™t go away for now! Itā€™s painkiller city here, which Iā€™m really not happy about as it really messes my IBS up. Coughing is hurting now.

Instead Iā€™ve refreshed the kitchen grout with bicarbonate and this little electric scrubbing tool thatā€™s really addictive and itā€™s sparkling. Iā€™ve also cleaned the extractor fan and the filters. Wild Friday here. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Itā€™s the London Derby tonight Chelsea vs Arsenal so a huge deciding match in the WSL title raceā€¦ Nervous but excited. Come on the Chels :blue_heart:. Football used to be a big drinking occasion for me, especially these huge clinch matches. Now I enjoy the concentration I can give it, funnily enough Iā€™m probably more engaged and totally enjoy it more!

About to have a simple veggie stir fry and Iā€™m making spiced chicken with slaw tonight. Will be a low key Friday with my back being a total pain in the thoracic. One of the cats can now jump onto kitchen work surfaces which he thinks is the best ever thing in the worldā€¦:smirk::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:. Soon they will have total domination of the entire apartment, heā€™s already trying to scale the kitchen units where I have to hide my poor plants.

My partner has to visit her mum again to do some admin and support work over the weekend, so I guess I will just have a slow one and maybe some walks and reading and self care. Getting old is freeing to the mind, but hard on the bones :confused:

Have a fantastic Friday and weekend all you lovely lot :cupid:

8 Likes

Oh my, one of the big reasons I have delayed adopting a cat is my plants!!!

3 Likes

Exhausted body but in a good way. Another upper body session at gym today, launder sheets and make bed, take the doggos for a ball chuck walk, then out till midnight at game 1 of sonā€™s hockey playoffs.
Tomorrow is rest day from gym but another game tomorrow night.

Enjoy whatever yall get up to. Best of all waking up tomorrow feeling great!!

8 Likes

TGIF! hoping for a good day

6 Likes

Itā€™s hopelessā€¦:triumph:

3 Likes

Noooooooo!!! Hoping adopting an older cat will help :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Trueā€¦mine are five months old today :black_cat::black_cat: little terrors.

6 Likes

Happy friday folks. I ran into some feelings this week and have had a hard time putting them into words but I am still here, still sober.

I have a quiet simmering anger just below the surface that is new to me so I best watch, listen, and work it out. If not a happy Friday mine will be productive with sober forward motion. Onward. :crossed_swords:

11 Likes

Happy Friday everyone!

The start of my day was bliss: the beautiful sun, a lovely walk, my new vacuum cleaner has arrived, all packed and prepped for a weekend awayā€¦

Then the train company alerts me that my train has been cancelled. So Iā€™ve had to cancel my entire trip. Iā€™ll get a refund for the tickets, but wonā€™t get the money back for the hotel, and now theyā€™ve asked for a fee for late cancellation. Iā€™ve pled my case and Iā€™m hoping theyā€™ll waive the fee, but goddamn, the universe canā€™t let me off for once.

Iā€™m so glad I meal prepped so I can just stick my pasta in the microwave and have an early night.
So tired. Might draw later, something I havenā€™t done in a while, but I found a few sketchpads when clearing things out.

TGIF!

9 Likes

Update: Appointment went surprisingly well, this time everybody was professional, I did not make a fool of myself, the expertise will be finished in about 3 weeks.
I had pizza, catcuddles, 2 chats with friends and now I will fall asleep soon. Itā€™s nice to have a neat and tidy house AND to realize I worried for nothing. Better this way than the other way round :v::100::pray::four_leaf_clover: Nighty sober night folks from this part of the world :hugs:

11 Likes

Hooray! Iā€™m so glad it all went well! Crisis averted, right? Hope you get some good rest.

2 Likes

YEAH - so excited ā€” grateful to read this.

not much going on this Friday - sunshine and recovery. Happy Friday everyone!

3o7btV1sSvBaaSAQKc

6 Likes

Happy Friday! My kiddo and I are both sick, so that meant no camp for him (March break) and work from home half day for me. Took the aft off to rest and care for him. Now itā€™s almost his bed and I canā€™t wait. Iā€™m ready to be off duty and sooky & snuggle in my recliner :laughing: I already had a sore neck from thyroid biopsies yesterday, and now I add a fever, body aches & sore throat to the mix :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Just started Loudermilk last night, now that I finished watching Transplant (we donā€™t have access to season 4 though) :disappointed:

13 Likes

Hoping you two feel better quickly.

5 Likes

Happy Friday gang!

Tonight I took my older kids to dinner at a new Indian restaurant in town. Was pretty darn tastey!

Thatā€™s about it. Home now watching movies my the kids.

Downtown home town

13 Likes

@RosaCanDo @JazzyS and all: Thank you for being here and encourageing, sharing happy and lousy times, itā€™s feeling good to be part of the pack :yellow_heart::hugs:

Have a relaxing friday follow up aka weekend :v:

7 Likes

Happy Friday, peeps!

Have a good time and a relaxing weekend!

6 Likes

Does the SeitenschlƤferkissen work?:astonished:

I had to stop using pillows completely because of severe neck and shoulder aches.

4 Likes