Friday Thread #3

Happy Friday kids, I’m off today and the wife is home so we got some running around to do, then she’s picking up both kids from college to come home for the weekend… Still trying to think about dinner for tonight.

I don’t think you can wrong here, with either of them. :yum:

9 Likes

Hey it Friday friends
Hope everyone has a wonderful day and start to a great weekend.

it's-friday (1)

8 Likes

Work: done
Having yummie food: done
Laying on the couch: done

Happy Friday everyone :hibiscus:

8 Likes

Wishing everyone a happy Friday.

7 Likes

Friday it is. As I really like to cook went shopping to prepare amazing dinner. I am realizing maybe 38 days of sobriety is the reason for me to be irrational and irritable. I don’t have cravings for alcohol . I do get irritated that normal living moment by moment can be tedious when facing head on.

5 Likes

Ended up making Chicken, cream gravy, and oven baked potatoes with veggies (carrots, Parsnip,rutabaga,onion) instead :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Awesome. Sounds great. You inspired me this morning. :grin: I ended up making a ground chicken meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn. Oh and deviled eggs. I’m pretty sure two of the kids still like them. :+1:

4 Likes

When I was drinking I loved to cook, but then didn’t really want to eat. Now I’m not enjoying cooking like I used too, but I love eating again. Sobriety is a double edged sword. :rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Sounds like a lovley meal. It’s been years since I had meatloaf. I’m the only one around here that likes it.

I like to Cook if I get to try new things and experiment in the kitchen. Ordinary everyday foods, not so much.

It’s a bit of a challenge here too.
I’m allergic to almost everything (celiac, milk protein,soy protein, peanuts, treenuts, almost all fruits, some curry, and a lot of other things) it’s probably easier to make a list if things that I can eat. :laughing:

One kid who’s also celiac and allergic to Tapioca.
And one autistic kid with very limited food preferences.

4 Likes

Damn… That is a llot to navigate around. Much respect for being able to keep everybody fed, healthy and happy. :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Let’s just say that Tacos is pretty frequent here :laughing:

5 Likes

Have a great Friday, everyone, and a nice weekend, too!

8 Likes

Same. Food is interesting again. Before I’d be full on my buzz and only pick at stuff. I think I enjoyed cooking more because I’d associate it with drinking. Now it’s just a chore.

3 Likes

Happy Friday everyone! I am already fantasising about my evening in pjs and an early night :grin:

9 Likes

5 Likes

Today we are doing the balcony cat proof and rejig for the cats. Can’t wait to see their face when the patio doors open… Meant to be a mini heatwave this weekend. By English standards that’s 18 degrees. I prefer it anyway, hate the heat. Will perhaps send pics. Just tiring them out so they can go up to the Tate for their sleep (8ft high bookcase). Little buggers are certainly feeling their legs today…

8 Likes

10 Likes

images

9 Likes

@jennyh ooh that is my kinda of fantasy. :wink:

@tragicfarinelli Pictures please. I do enjoy seeing your little buggers – maybe a video of when you open up the balcony door :lauging: I can just imagine the excitement

Happy Friday you beautiful souls! Not much on the agenda – just working on my personal physical and mental healing. Its a rainy foggy grey day and that is perfect for me today. I am enjoying the cool yet warm air and that rain smell is heavenly.

giphy

6 Likes

Happy friday all! Day off here to get ready for a weekend out of town. I hope to clean house, do all the laundry, drill some holes in the wall to hang some more gallery wall stuff, get my patio set up for spring, visit with a bestie, pick up my rental car and get packed.

Thats a lot so if I only manage to pick up the rental car I’m okay with that too. Chicago bound again tomorrow and I’ll be doing it sober.

10 Likes