Friday Thread #3

Happy Friday my sober peeps…what a lovely productive day. Glad I was able to help out with work, get in a couple of walks, got in a workout and a nap. Grateful for the nap as I haven’t been sleeping at night.

A long weekend here … hopefully the pool will open up tomorrow.

friday-feeling

6 Likes

Happy Friday, all. Tonight after dinner the Mrs. and I enjoyed a nice evening walk by the harbour, where we watched a sailboat race. It was a nice break from our apartment for a while.

7 Likes

Thanks for the description on your play experience and what you enjoyed. I always like to hear about people‘s experiences of the games they play. The good ones and the not so good ones.
I have the book on my to-read list and I think I will pick it up today. Thanks for the suggestion.
The game I am currently working on is just in its prototype phase, meaning it will change a lot and the end product will not look very much like the version now.
I want the player to have the experience to be a child on a vacation in a foreign city where they get to solve a fantastic mystery while roaming through the city. The player has to explore the city, find clues to the mystery, pursue the bad guys, find hidden pathways and in the end solve the mystery of the disappearing guardians of the city.

4 Likes

Friday was a nice day off. We jumped on the bike and took a ride down to one of the bay beaches in the area. The weather was beautiful and I’m just doing whatever I can right now to try and destress after moving and with all the bullshit going on at work this time of year. Back there today but off on Memorial Day for the first time in forever.

16 Likes

What a beautiful place to spend a day off @Jasty2 what do you call those lil creatures? I know i should know but i dont alas the life of a landlocked american

2 Likes

These are horshoe crabs.

3 Likes

Love it Joe… sounds and looks like a awesome way to decompress and relax. Glad you will have Memorial day off too :blush:

2 Likes

I’m glad to read that my little contribution on Fridays brings some comfort. :grinning::+1:t3:

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

They look like woodlouse on steroids :eyes:

3 Likes

Wtf is a woodlouse? Lol

3 Likes

Gross garden creatures…

They hang around in dark places and damp areas. Generally vile and creepy!

4 Likes

We call those rolly pollys where im from :slight_smile:

:face_vomiting: i wish i didnt ask

3 Likes

Hello one and all!

Have an awesome Friday, and with this, an amazing start to the weekend

6 Likes

I had to detach a slug from our office door, and it was really hard to get rid of the slime sticking to fingers.:smile:

7 Likes

It’s officially Friday. I’m headed home from a Pearl Jam concert. :metal::v:

God, I’m tired, I’m too old for this!

15 Likes

My 3yo son is obsessed with slugs. He is collecting them, gathering them, he is proud of them etc. This slime is so fckn hard to wash from his fingers…
He just love slugs. Little weirdo :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

My new friday night.

10 Likes

Almost bedtime on Friday for me, so here’s how it started… Friday sunrise

9 Likes

I’m glad it’s Friday! Today is the last day of May. And the last day of a month-long “screen-free challenge” for my kiddo at school. He’s done ZERO screen time. And he’s obsessed with his iPad, Nintendo, video games etc. I’m SO proud of him!! I’ve bought him lots of Lego, books, geodes etc so it’s been pricey :sweat_smile: but worth it. I’m enjoying my coffee and he’s waiting for his clock to strike wake-up time. He’ll get up and play Astronaut in the Ocean on repeat (he’s recently discovered the song and he loves it) :laughing:
I work from home today. Yay! Tomorrow is supper out with my MIL (wish me luck; it’s a strained relationship).

15 Likes

That song is an absolute tune and is a lot better with a subwoofer.

3 Likes