Friends and truth

Me again, anyways.
For the first time on my sober journey, Ive told my friends of my desition.
They were super supportive and one of them told me she is starting her journey with sobriety herself too, which made me feel understood.
I think this is a very good and hard step to make in my journey.
Anyone has any tips for the first days/weeks?

12 Likes

This might be helpful. Or you can type in the search bar to find more suggestions. Wishing you well! :pray::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you❣️

You are entirely welcome. And it’s great you have friends who are supportive. Plus with one who is starting her sober journey, maybe you can buddy up .:heart:

2 Likes

Thank you Patty :heart::hugs:

1 Like

Howdy my tip is maybe try a meeting might help .helped me stay sober for awhile now wish you well

3 Likes

Thank you Ray :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Hi Ciggy,
Welcome here. There is many info to find on this forum. My advice? Be here as much as you can!
Put in the work and you will get what you deserve: a sober life.
Treads I like here and wich are very active are:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #63 and Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6 Feel free to join! This tread was something I want to have got when I just started to sober up:What's YOUR plan? And this is how I did it myself: 2 years sober and what helped me to get there: Good of you to talk about your wish to stay sober! Now your friends know and can support you so they do not offer you drinks!
Well done! :facepunch:

3 Likes