Fun new game

Better than terrible is still bad :rofl: You still a white girl. But I’m sure you have an important first dance coming up soon that would be much better without alcohol.:star_struck:

2 Likes

it will be amazing to do sober :heart_eyes:
and we are having a 100% dry reception which people arent all happy about but with us both being sober I’m not supporting someone else’s addiction. sorry.
you are right I am still a white girl who can’t dance even drunk. haha :joy:

1 Like

Some of the ‘reasons’ to drink I’ve seen today would fit right in on this list.

Because I’m angry and resentful.

Because I’m letting a temporary feeling of disappointment become an excuse.

4 Likes

Because now time has passed I sometimes tell myself the blackouts weren’t really that bad, waking up in those fucked up states and places really wasn’t that fucked up, the cuts and bruises didn’t kill me and I didn’t kill or hurt anyone physically and will be able to control it this time and not turn in to a complete asshole again.

3 Likes

Drinking because of a resentment is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.

4 Likes

Drinking will extend the disappointment indefinitely.

3 Likes

Tell me how that works out. A guy went out who had 25+ years. He didn’t turn into an asshole. He was put in a hole in the ground.

3 Likes

Derek with the swish!!!

1 Like

It’s an observation of mine that long time sober people who go back out often end in tragedy very quickly.

Thankfully I don’t really get those silly thoughts and pray it stays that way as I know the scale of the potential disaster that would await me.

3 Likes

I’m watching a guy with almost 2 years who is running towards a relapse. He’s my friend, but there’s nothing I can do. He’s complacent. He stopped going to meetings. Doesn’t call his network. Treats his GF like shit. I will pray for him.

2 Likes

Have you invited him to a meeting?

Our group runs a WhatsApp group which keeps us all connected and if I’m being honest, when I’m feeling like I can’t be bothered going to the group, it forces me to get myself there and I’m always glad I’ve gone.

Is there anything like that at your end to keep people connected within their group?

1 Like

I hopenyour group hasnt had any run ins with Momo! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m going to at noon. But he hasn’t answered my texts in a couple weeks. I didn’t know he was struggling though. I was just talking with him

In advance of some likely posts today:

“It’s Friday and I don’t know how to NOT drink on the weekend!”

1 Like

Same way I didn’t drink on Wednesday… I’m always surprised that people didn’t black out on a Tuesday just like a Friday night

4 Likes

Comfortably numb

I know what kinda drunk you are. There will never be a good reason for you to drink again. For all of our sake.

Keep coming back Tomi