Gardening In Recovery

I love that color of blue!

1 Like

Me too! They really didnā€™t have a big choice of ā€œcuteā€ pots. Most were just solid colors. Happy to found this gem

1 Like

Beautiful pot and Carl is cute. :green_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!!! He is the first plant to live with me :joy: all others didnā€™t even make it long enough to get a name.

1 Like

Iā€™m no gardener but do love plants and nature, and am keen to get into it more for sure :v: Any tips? I never seem to know how much or often to water them for exampleā€¦? :stuck_out_tongue:

Was cleaning up some vines around the yard that were choking out the trees and it made me think of the baskets fnkychic made so I tried to teach myself how to weave.

9 Likes

@anon9289869 amazing! And I love the contents! Very talented :palms_up_together:

I love it! I really want one for harvesting. Maybe I need to make one, too.

1 Like

Are you looking to have a houseplant or outdoor plant? There are some house plants that are very easy to care for and thrive on neglect, almost. Some plants require special care, light, watering etc.

@beachmouse oh thanks :relaxed: :blush:
@RosaCanDo you should definitely try to make one. This is the YouTube video I watched to learn how

3 Likes

Usually various small-medium sized house plants left behind at sharehouses Iā€™m staying, so I donā€™t know much about themā€¦ Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s no ā€˜one shoe fits allā€™ tbh, but someone once told me just to make sure the soil stays moist/spongy? Other than that assumptions have ranged from daily to weeklyā€¦ :sweat_smile: I live in Australia so relatively hot and/or humid usuallyā€¦

1 Like

Ooh wow, pretty epic @anon9289869 :ok_hand::wink:

6 Likes

Season is winding down but still so many tomatoes! We had two volunteer cherry tomato plants pop up from last year and just decided to let them grow wild. I love our tomato jungle and itā€™s easier than trimming back constantly. I know I should keep it tidier but it just grew like gangbusters!

9 Likes

Well, I decided to attack my tomato plants today with my nervous energyā€¦and Iā€™m really happy with the results. The tomatoes are exposed so they can ripen quicker and I was able to tie up the poor long hanging branches to the trellis. Iā€™ve got one plant left to go but itā€™s in better shape and Iā€™m pooped.

8 Likes

Wow! Look at all those tomato plants!! Iā€™m pretty sure you have more tomato plants than would fit in my back yard. :laughing: How awesome!

1 Like

9 Likes

Thai basil is the bomb.
Easily in my top 5 herbs.
:ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Do you have favorite recipes that you use it in? This is my first time growing it and I have soooo much! It went crazy. The bees have been loving it and that in itself has made it worth growing.

1 Like

I love using big handfuls of it in Thai basil chili chicken, and a Thai beef salad with roasted rice powder.
Itā€™s absolutely essential to so many Thai dishes and is what gives the unique flavour profile - totally not like regular basil in any way, and not interchangeable with it at all. In Thailand they are super generous in use of herbs (not like in western countries where they are kinda stingy) so donā€™t be shy when you use it. I will always use heaps more than most recipes call for.

Thai basil pesto can also be wonderful - especially the bold ones which use fish sauce and other robust flavours - and can be used to season up some pain noodles. Rice paper rolls with your favourite filings, plus fresh Thai basil leaves, are greatā€¦ And a wonderful Thai Red Curry wouldnā€™t be the same without heaps of the magic herb.

3 Likes