Gardening In Recovery

Pretty! Remind me of poblanos but lighter color. I’ll be interested to hear what they’re like. I wish I had grown poblanos! Mine were so good last year!

1 Like

Had gone to the garden only intending to get tomatoes and kale but the basket kept filling up more. Gonna be a busy next few days cooking and preserving.

Really happy with the changes I made to growing and supporting green beans this year. No more hunched over digging around searching to find them. Basically 8 foot tall walls of green beans that provide shade to the spinach growing below.

13 Likes

So epic! I love the green beans set up. And nice haul!

1 Like

Feeling a bit sad that my garden is pretty much wrapping up for the season already. Not happy with how things turned out, not all within my control and I have to take some lessons from it. I think I’m going to plant some lettuce seeds though and see what I can get growing before frost hits! I still have chard growing, too, and herbs coming out my ears. Might just get a few more tomatillos but that’s pretty much it for chiles.

7 Likes

I do not have a green thumb. Although i can grow maters. Most everything else i grow dies on me. I do like planting flowers. Tulips are my favbut they never last long enough!!

My dahlia experiment has paid off!

9 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Amazing! lovely!! Yasssss :heart:

2 Likes

A nice little splash of colour in my back garden. All from seed my first year at it. Also have a greenhouse full of tomatoes, aubergines, cucumbers, chillies and cucamelons.

7 Likes

That is beautiful, what species is it? The butterfly I mean not the dahlia. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A few dahlias in the front. I need to get dead heading instead of spending so much time on here :rofl::+1:

7 Likes

I think it’s a black swallowtail. Poor thing missing a bit of its wing, too.

1 Like

Gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I also love to garden. I have a patio veggie garden. Did cucumbers, eggplants, peppers and Brussels Sprouts. First year trying the sprouts and they look like crap. Hoping the cooler weather will help

2 Likes

As my dad always says…they wont grow in the packet. :rofl:

3 Likes

Where abouts are you @Cbkobe99 ? I’m in the uk and it’s been a hotter than average summer. I only have a few raised beds and very little space but I’m really happy with my first year at it.

I grew corn, zucchini, summer squash, and beans. They are all ready for harvest which is apparently a great time to kick someone out of the house. The garden is set to be bulldozed later this week.

I’m in Boston and it’s been a very hot summer.

1 Like

weather been ok this year in Scotland trying a few new things in the garden sweet corn ,my veg second patch com

ing up

9 Likes

5 Likes

front garden still looking good

10 Likes