Gardening In Recovery

Very nice Ray. Love your veg beds and the wild flowers :+1: Im in N.E england and we’re been hit with really heavy thunder storms today.

2 Likes

I’m very grateful my few dahlia plants have continued to put out flowers. When one bloom fades, another opens.

12 Likes

I am very excited to see this thread! I love gardening and im glad to have this hobby that gets me outside when im feeling a little down.

This is a test post for me…i have not posted a picture yet and when i try to upload one it just shows text and no photo so i want to see how it looks when i post it…any advice appreciated if im not attaching the picture correctly :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Nice peppers! Glad you found the thread!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad the picture upload worked, i wasn’t sure if it was going too lol

1 Like

My papaya tree. I got it as a present when it was tiny, decided to plant it in the greenhouse maybe 6 months ago. Now it’s growing quiet fast. Exciting!

10 Likes

Another couple of weeks and my growing season will be over.
I still have caulies, sprouts, kale, spinach, cabbages, turnip, mustards, potatoes, raddish, lettuce and spring onions in my raised beds.
A great debut year for me. Seriously thinking about taking an allotment on next year. @Bart_pt that is so strange for me to see. Id never get the weather to grow those. Hope it turns out well. :+1:

12 Likes

Last of the black beauties.

This pretty begonia didn’t grow very big but it consistently put out flowers. I love the color.

And upon harvesting pumpkins, which all looked lovely from our vantage point, one was quite the treat for a critter of some sort! Luckily, we have a few others untouched.

10 Likes

Beautiful flowers Ray!!! I love cut flowers in the house.

1 Like

Gorgeous broccoli!!! Yum!!

Heres my two raised beds that were empty two months ago.

Im really pleased with how things are coming along as I wasnt going to plant anything in them as I thought Id left it too late.
Theres sprouts which the caterpillars have really tucked into :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: cabbages cauliflowers mixed salads rocket pak choi mustards spring onions carrots beetroot lettuces.
And in my greenhouse

There is all sorts going on. Ive started winter onions off ive got corriander thyme basil wallflowers salad leaves spinnach and im just about to sow some cornflowers for next year.
Im really enjoying it. :full_moon_with_face:

13 Likes

looking good just lifted my lettuce and beetroot still my sweetcorn prob be ready next month potatoes all done got quite a good crop this years , cut back my leeks and put them in containers for next years show and my brussels sprouts coming on ready for xmas dinner . got all my seeds in the shed for next year and started my spring bulbs to go in containers , ill prob do them when i get back from crete ,

6 Likes

Thats brilliant Ray. Ive not grown leeks before. I do have a greenhouse but its unheated so I shall have to have a read up on how to grow the best i can with what i have and where i am.
Ive got my flower bed all cleared and dahlias taken up today and have the pleasure of collecting some muck tomorrow to spread over it so that im ready to go again next year.
I hope you enjoy your holiday. :+1:

3 Likes

Sorting through things left disheveled from my ex and found my missing dslr charger & a filled up sd card with this odd sunflower photo from September.

Walked the garden remnants yesterday — next year’s chamomile seeded itself and has started sprouting. Harvested lots of sage & thyme that was hidden under cucumbers and forgotten all summer but is now thriving. Still a few calendula & chamomile blossoms hanging on in the cold to be harvested every few days.

10 Likes

My cactus looks like a pile of dog poop.

12 Likes

Those early-mid autumn gems are really a joy to discover when everything is going to sleep or dying out.

1 Like

One of my passions too love eating my veges it’s helping in my recovery :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::potted_plant::potted_plant:

1 Like

With serious rain on the horizon for tomorrow and the next day, I needed to take action today. The front bed with Four o’clock giant plants and dried up dill and mint needed clearing out. I pulled up as many mint roots as I could to try and control this beast. Left a tiny patch that is still green and I’m picking off of for smoothies and whatnot. Of course I’m leaving my beauty thyme plant be.

If I wasn’t renting I would just leave it. Alas…

5 Likes

Looks great and you reminded me I need to check the traveling onions!!

I bought 6 new lavenders to try to create a no deer barrier (hahahahaha)…so I have a lot of moving of current flowers around to make room. Our flower gardens are only in their 2nd year, so very much a work in progress.

Your work paid off @RosaCanDo, looks positively tidy!!

2 Likes

First time planting black eyed susan vine this year and it did amazing. Trying to get more into flowers for the pollinators :honeybee:

6 Likes