Gardening In Recovery

Watermelon radish! Its so pretty :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: wow what a beaut! How’s the taste? I’ve thought about growing these but have been sticking with my same old french breakfast radishes a long time.

1 Like

The taste is good! Not too spicy but i do prefer a more mild radish. I just couldn’t resist giving these a try cause of the look! I think i will pickle them when i get some more.

2 Likes

Went to see a friend and her Moonflowers seed pods were well past due to be picked so we did that and i got to take some home so i collected those last night :relieved: Had a fire in the fireplace going and it was very soothing

10 Likes

Seeds are rolling in! Going big in the garden this year!

The packet without a picture are jalepeno seeds

14 Likes

Got most of my bedding plant and veg seeds now still cold and frosty here in Scotland but hopefully by end of march should be ok for my propergating to start ,

10 Likes

Some things getting me excited for the garden this year:

Seed starts (these are some perennial herbs)

And all this free mulch from the landfill :smiling_face_with_tear:

sta

15 Likes

Started working on my indoor seed starting stations. Found these lighta for 5 dollars a piece. Rated to be grow lights…so I bought them all…with everything we intend to grow…we will have our own little nursery

10 Likes

I’ve always wanted to start seeds indoors but I don’t think I can make the space for them…I’d have to buy heated mats and more grow lights since my basement runs so cold. Some day! I do like supporting local farmers/homesteaders by buying starter plants from them, though.

4 Likes

Jealous of your setup! I only have one light! This is the dream :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

Awesome! Used to start my seeds early up north…very fun. Maybe consider some cold frames as well…if you come upon any old windows. Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Wowza!!! Beautiful!!!

1 Like

Worked on getting these set up today! Still need to fill them a bit more.

7 Likes

I am always excited to plan my container garden each year, but there’s been a change of plans this year. It looks like we may be buying our first home and so I’m taking a step back from the garden, though not completely…I’ll focus on decorative and vining plants for our back deck and maybe a few tomato plants, but majorly scaled back in case we do end up moving.

I cannot WAIT to have my own space to cultivate a garden in the ground/build raised beds or whatever we decide! So excited! I’ll have to live vicariously through all of you on this thread this year, so keep those photos coming! :heartpulse:

9 Likes

I’m happy you’re looking for your own home to buy :sunflower::heart:

I start seeding this week, going on small scale this year as I don’t know how ex and I will settle finances with the farm. Nevertheless there will be vegetables for me and I signed up to propagate one sort of peas for Arche Noah this year. Babysteps and no stress in the right direction. Happy to work at my own pace :blush:
I will love to see your pictures!!!

2 Likes

Starting to teansfer about 100 San Marzano plants today…that isnt all of it either…we may be selling plants

10 Likes

Some done

9 Likes

I would buy from you if I could!

1 Like

Tomatoes, at this point have roughly 95% success from seeds, I am sure we will loose a few more. So far we have planted:

San Marzano tomatoes
Super beefsteak tomatoes
Heirloom rainbow tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes
Yello globe tomatoes
Basil
Oregano
Tyme
Jalepenos
Bellpeppers

Still have a bunch to start

5 Likes

So exciting! I posted above about my garden situation this year. I hope you’ll post pics of the progress so I can live vicariously through you guys!

3 Likes