Gardening In Recovery

Very exciting. Once that is up and going, we are going to look at grants for bee keeping, chickens and pigs.

6 Likes

This is going to be so exciting :smiley: I’m so happy for you both :grin:

2 Likes

My blueberry and raspberry bushes are waking up. Im excited!

11 Likes

Putting my fence up, one side half done. Pallets on one side…

Powder coated metal the other 3 sides

Cultivated and tilled next weekend! Planting soon after

11 Likes

Fertilizing the old fashion way…

9 Likes

My first compost volunteer plant! It’s funny, the root ball was intact from last year on top of the compost that I neglected to do much work on. It still makes me happy! It’s gonna be a pain to move all of this! Maybe I won’t move all of it…:woman_shrugging:t2:
Anyway, what fun. I’m sure it will start growing upward on its own now. Edit: I should have mentioned they’re chives :rofl:

11 Likes

Went to a greenhouse today. Wasnt going to buy anyrhing except peanuts. They didnt have those yet. Left with 2 raspberry bushes…a watermelon cherry tomato plant and a blackcherry tomato plant. We have no restraint

10 Likes

Annnnnd back to buying stuff

13 Likes

Not exactly gardening, but I love when the bumblebees show up. Spring truly is here.

9 Likes

It’s been soooooo hard to not buy plants this season! Soon……

3 Likes

We dont need anything…smh…however…grapes along the fence will be a nice addition

4 Likes

Aw! Grapes are a great idea. Must be what you’ve got there. One of our nurseries has cherry tomato plants in hanging planters so I’m gonna buy one of those to tide me over! And my chives are looking great today. Here comes the rain finally.

2 Likes

We thought about hanging some of our cherries…I thinl we will trellis all of ouf tomatoes.

2 Likes

It worked well for me the last couple of years. Trellising I mean.

2 Likes

Starting to plot out the garden

7 Likes

The scourge of mint is well on it’s way…time to dig some up and plant some in a container.

11 Likes

The Garden should be culitvated and disced tomorrow or friday. Then the fence posts go up and planting begins. Moving 3 years worth of leaves to be worked into the soil

13 Likes

Taking a break I did the math of what growing our own plants from seeds saved. Based on the prices for plants here: had we bought them at a store $1300+. Total spent on seeds: $28.75.

10 Likes

@Thirdmonkey Well done! Making your own seedlings pays off :+1:

The Tamarisk is blooming. It’s so beautiful :star_struck:

12 Likes

Wow- that tamarisk looks for wild and free !! Absolutely beautiful :heart_eyes:

4 Likes