Gardening In Recovery

Well, the help with the tractor didnt come…time to do it with a roto tiller…1/3 done…plants in the ground soon

12 Likes

Since we are in limbo and I can’t garden right now, I got a hanging cherry tomato plant to keep me happy! It’s from my favorite local farm that provides for all my sweet corn needs. They also have greenhouses and grow starter vegetable plants and flower baskets. This makes me happy indeed!

14 Likes

Hard work with the small roto tiller :muscle:
Wishing you dry weather! You & your pictures are so inspiring. I miss my farm. As soon as the rain stops and it dries up a bit I’ll post pictures of my tiny garden. The few plants I have this year are already potted.

6 Likes

My old body aint happy with me! I think i have two more passes then i cant plant. Might get it done today

5 Likes

You have a beautiful piece of land to work with there!! Congratulations on your farming journey!!! Will you amend the soil? Hope you are not too sore today…

3 Likes

We are. We found a horse ranch that gives away free compost…just got to go pick it up

5 Likes

Nice!! We live in ‘horse country’ so have lots of horse manure available. Tho we did need to find out what kind of feed the horses had as I guess there are some fields / hay here treated with something not conducive to growing. I cannot recall off the top of my head what it was, but my husband talked to another horse friend/gardener about it. It made sense I guess, the whole circle of nutrients thing.

4 Likes

Huh…didnt think about that…

3 Likes

Neither did we!! If hubby was up I would ask him for greater detail for you. It was an interesting thing to learn.

4 Likes

Temporary sign for the garden

10 Likes

200 corn plants in the ground, 30 strawberry plants in the ground…various little other things done…calling it a night

11 Likes

Love your sign Scott. So very true. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I love this too! I miss my days of working on community gardens. Maybe I can get something started in my new community.

5 Likes

Why I try not to walk barefoot when weeding the flower gardens…

13 Likes

Yikes - i cant imagine what id do if i felt it moving …:dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Usually jump and scream…!!

5 Likes

zooey-deschanel-sounds-about-right

3 Likes

Thought of you guys when i heard this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/houseplants/comments/13k15he/anthem_for_this_subreddit/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

1 Like

I hate snakes…

1 Like

They aren’t so bad and usually are quite skittish. Keep the varmints at bay. Pygmy rattlers, those I am not a fan of, we relocate those ones.

5 Likes