Gardening In Recovery

Finally it’s over 20 degrees celsius here so I seeded today. Let’s see how/if the old seed will sprout :smiley:

The tomatoes survived the rain. I hope with no illnesses caught, rain and cool weather is pretty awful.

13 Likes

Taking a break…almost done with the “hardwork”. All we have to do is plant the flowers…

12 Likes

Official first harvest of the year…Basil…and chives tomorrow

12 Likes

that’s really beautiful basil! YUM!!!

2 Likes

Hurra jupidupiduuu tschaka bumm!

The deck is finished!
Well of course a deck with plants is never finished but the infrastructure is ready to use :dancer::sunglasses::books:

I lie here under the sunshade with books, water, sneezing (fucking allergy), watching Schimanski sleeping behind the door, enjoying the scenery.
I can’t remember properly but maybe this is the first time in the last 10 or more years I am in my deck-chair really relaxing and enjoying it without nervous thoughts about “all that work waiting”. The work is still waiting and I don’t give a fuck anymore :grin:

So here we go …

Seedlings and the high raised beds

16 Likes

Horrible picture…but everything is growing!

Black raspberries going to get propagated

14 Likes

Tree cloning time! Apple and cherry trees

12 Likes

Well…just dawned on me I got potatoes to plant…and my garden is full…going to try container planting…from what I have seen it works well for potatoes…truck load of horse compost (horse shit for you city folk)…mixed with some moss and topsoil…is what i read is accurate…atleast 40 lbs of potatoes

15 Likes

Im growing potatoes in containers and its been going great!!

6 Likes

Some pretty flowers

9 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

@Thirdmonkey Scott your pictures are wonderful! I’m curious and ask for detailed pictures of the fenced garden :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

I started mowing at my late mum’s garden today. Guess it will take a few days as I’m done after maximum 2 hours :scream:

8 Likes

I can send some when i get home.

2 Likes

Welp, my tomato plant is not doing well. Should I just take the ones that are black on the bottom off the plant? There are a few others trying to grow

6 Likes

Take the ones that are black off. They need calcium. Got milk? Dump it in there

5 Likes

Eggshells? Those work too…wash them and crushthem up

3 Likes

thanks!! like a cup of milk or a half a cup? I have eggs but won’t have shells again until tomorrow when I have breakfast

2 Likes

Atleat a cup. Tomatoes suck up nutrients like i suck down diet coke…you probably cant give them enough

3 Likes

Another thing you can do…if you have banana peels…take the peels, put them in a jar or bucket. Fill with water let them set for about 3 or for days…then use that water…lots of good nutrients that way too

3 Likes