Gardening In Recovery

Thanks! I gave it a cup of milk and pulled the bad ones off. We shall see if it helps. The whole plant looks a bit weepy so I suppose I’ll give it the egg shells tomorrow.

2 Likes

Great tips @Thirdmonkey
That’s blossom end rot. The plant in general looks a bit dehydrated. Some tomato sorts are very sensitive to heat and drying out and develop blossom end rot under this conditions. Had to eliminate two sorts due to this over the years, not growing them anymore.

3 Likes

Transplanted Raspberries

7 Likes

New additions to the garden family. Cant pass up half off…right?

Blueberries

Pears

12 Likes

What a lovely space! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Ok - that’s a serious undertaking. I know you’ve mentioned it in the gratitude thread but never imagined so much growth. I’m surprised the mower is able to cut and not choke.

Best of luck with this.

3 Likes

Also, this made me giggle! I had to read it a couple times to get it but it’s super cute!

5 Likes

I’m a big comic fan and love word creations you have to read loud - like this one to move your hips to a happy dance :dancer::slightly_smiling_face:

@JazzyS The first cut I do with a trimmer, then I go over it with the mower. And I decided that I will get professional help with the rest of the garden. It’s just too much for me alone atm. I’ll post pictures next week when it’s mowed :blush:

5 Likes

I’m happy that the herb bed is finished. It smelled so good when I planted.

13 Likes

That makes more sense but still a shit ton of work.
So happy to hear that you are getting a professional to help you!! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s no problem when I catch the point before the grass grows really high. Due to weather conditions this was not possible this spring as I don’t have an underwater-mower :grin: First it was dry and then it rained too long for me to catch up on mowing :joy: So I’ve to battle the grass-jungle.

Makes me laugh because my dad was really NOT into mowing and it could occur that the same happened to him. Allthough he lived there and saw the grass growing every day :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Ran outta hearts but this cracked me up!!!
Yeah i do understand the anxiety of battling weather and work schedules just to stay on top of the grass. It doesnt matter how shitty u feel that bitch still gonna grow.
Hopefully itll be more manageable after the professionals do their cut :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

That looks great

2 Likes

My first potato harvest ever! I got 10 pounds!

12 Likes

nicely done – they look delicious

2 Likes

Thank you :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

I am jealous!!

2 Likes

Im jealous of everything you are doing! Its awesome

3 Likes

Awww…thank you. We will see how it turns out…long way to go before we start eating.

2 Likes

Making a compost station. 1 of three are done…just have to find more pallets.

Using the fertile soil from this overgrown pond

14 Likes