Gardening In Recovery

After my bug bite debacle I found this website:

4 Likes

I’ll be doing that soon! I’m so moving my compost, gotta love that black gold.

3 Likes

We have been doing a lot of that reaserch as well.

3 Likes

Looks like a bunch of dirt. But it will be blackberries, spinach, green beans, hot peppers, tomatoes, and basil (hopefully)

7 Likes

Does anyone know if lead “grows out” of soil over time? I have a huge yard (to me) and i had the soil tested in 2014 and the lead levels were too high. :sob:

Edit to add a picture of part of my yard:

5 Likes

Love your garden!!! Hoping for good produce :pray:

Unfortunately, lead persists in soil for many hundreds of years , and past use of these products continues to present problems in some areas. Due to the nature of the contamination process, lead in soil may be very unevenly distributed.

2 Likes

Cant wait to see the growth!!

3 Likes

Guess I’ll keep using little pots and planters. I don’t want to feed my family lead!
I’m going to try to make it a pesticide free garden. Might add some natural bug repellents if needed. But I’m not sure where to start with that. I usually grow stuff inside

4 Likes

Oooh thats lovely…might need larger pots…

Natural repellent- neem oil can get at home depot

• FOR ORGANIC GARDENING - Neem is a perfect pest control solution for any garden dealing with mites, flies, mildew, and more. This product is a four-in-one insecticide, fungicide, miticide, and nematicide.
5 Likes

Google is your friend! So many things out there that are natural!

5 Likes

First tomatoes turning color! Yay!

11 Likes

3 Likes

Yikes! I agree with you that a potted or raised garden with purchased garden soil is the smart move.

3 Likes

Right! Everything else is good, except lead almost 4x higher than it should be :sob:

3 Likes

Who thought that getting the lawn mower out of the garage could piss off a whole nation? :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Oh my goodness…i do hope you are ok…ive pissed off many a nation whenbi was way younger and it never ended well

Do be careful :crossed_fingers::pray:

4 Likes

We are fine, thx. Retrieved all we need and closed the garage door. We decided to let them be… or let them wasp :rofl:
They can outlive their live naturally.

7 Likes

That is very kind of you…glad you are ok.

2 Likes

So, I picked the first ripe cherry tomato from my window planters. It had got so big I was wary of leaving it on any longer, and anyways it was a nice deep red already. Husband ate it and said it was tasty!

Here it is in comparison to a regular store-bought tom.

And here is what the plants look like now.

17 Likes

Yummmy!!! I just stopped plucking flowers from my plants…hopefully soon I will start producing

2 Likes