Gardening In Recovery

I love how kind you are to Earth’s misunderstood animals. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::people_hugging:

3 Likes

A nest of spiders would have had a different outcome :scream::rofl:

4 Likes

My little garden is growing. The last seedlings are rwady to plant and waiting for me to make their bed.

The roses look so poor after the hailstorm. Have to cut them. They bloom all summer.

15 Likes

Just back from holiday had a heat wave here in Scotland which is unusual lol

19 Likes

If you want to take a Holiday to Michigan, i could sure use your help with mine!

6 Likes

Thats some serious gardening— looks absolutely amazing! I know its a lot of work - awesome up keep :man_farmer::heart:

4 Likes

I wondered where you had been and heard your were on a cruise.
:slightly_smiling_face: Great to see you and the garden :house_with_garden:

2 Likes

Yip back now off to Torquay next month meeting friends we made in Crete last year taking the bus dont fancy driving down to England from Scotland in the school holidays . Prob go another cruise to Norway in Aug/sept then Japan in nov/Dec, ill put some pics on from Florida

9 Likes

Update on my greenhouse.
Electrician supposedly coming this week now. I hope he means it this time. Going to be 100°f+ all week, including today. My plants need cooling and air movement ASAP or they will start to get damaged/die.
I’ve gotten by so far by having the windows and door open full-time, but its still stressful on the plants and any much hotter will be dangerous. I told him this so hopefully he gets here as promised.
The perceived lack of integrity (he’s been “coming this week” for a month now) has been frustrating but I remind myself of the cultural aspect. Much slower, not much urgency in things here. Just how it is.
As a typically hurried New Englander, it really burns my ass sometimes but once I catch my attitude I try to learn from it and relax a bit myself, reframe things a bit. I am getting better about it!

Great place to sit and watch baseball in the evenings with a cold mineral water. It’s become a nightly ritual.

15 Likes

Temporary placement of my patio plants at the new house. There are lots of cherry tomatoes and I just tasted my first ripe ones. They are so sweet!

11 Likes

Lupe looks at home already! :hugs:

3 Likes

She’s had a bit of a stressful time with this move and it’s not quite over yet, but she is definitely more relaxed now! Especially when we are all outside together. We all enjoy the afternoon/evening shade this pretty maple tree provides us. The other side of the lawn gets full sun and it will eventually be tilled up for a garden! Or possibly raised beds.

11 Likes

Give her big hugs from me, :dog::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks :blush: She needs all the hugs she can get and is getting lots. :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Little bits of green are a little bigger today :smiling_face:

12 Likes

I am so jealous of your set up!!!

1 Like

Good to see you around @Ray_M_C_Laren Ray :hugs: Your garden is beautiful!

I hope the electrician comes this time @TMAC Here we have the same problem and it can burn my ass too.

Great place @RosaCanDo Lupe looks good in the new garden :blush:

I’m having a lazy sunday after a busy week and I’m happy I revivided the plant tower. The lemon balm was ready to be cut and I made yummi lemonade :blush:

Let’s see if the squash likes to grow in a 90 liter pot (bottom) and the beans provide green beans and a bit shadow (upper pot). I cut out the bottom of the upper pot.

10 Likes

Half the radishes…planting more shortly!

12 Likes

please beam 2 over to me, they look delicious! love your pictures :blush:

1 Like

If i could I would. I am guessing I have enough for about 10 households!

2 Likes