Gardening In Recovery

it looks like a lot :grin:
do you know that radish can be conservated like pickles? I made it once and it was a delicious.

3 Likes

I built this little trellis and Birdhouse in my garden, and I had a visitor in the morning

18 Likes

I saw that. I might try that with the next batch

1 Like

I could use your visitor! Plenty for it to eat here

2 Likes

Me too, the squirrels got in my shed during the winter. When I started the tractor for the first time, one fell in my lap lol. They also got up in the drop ceiling of my wood shop. Let’s just say they might venture out in the backyard this summer, bon appétit! Lol.

2 Likes

I’m happy the beans liked to be re-potted and grow grow grow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Great idea there!!

1 Like

Recycling what I have downtown. Love my garden gadgets :blush:

3 Likes

Almost all of my fence wasn’t purchased. Something special about repurposing

3 Likes

Can I call this a harvest? :sweat_smile: first one though. I may have gotten too excited because there are a couple green ones…

11 Likes

It was good to pick the green ones. They will ripen and the plant will direct its energy to new fruit

3 Likes

I seemed to remember than from before. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Twizz :wave:
How you doin?
I finally got around to buying and planting those Coleus I mentioned to you awhile back.
They bring me memories of my sister. She loved them.

I guess now when I see them I might think of you and your garden too :wink:

How is your garden coming along?
I hope things are well. Can’t recall seeing you around too much lately. Maybe just missing each other. It’s a big community.
Hope you’re well.
:pray::heart:

Hopefully they’ll fill out the planters I put them in.

11 Likes

The rest of y’all. All your gardens look great. Love ‘em.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Hi :wave:

I also seem some of these at the market and thought of you too :hugs:.
Its been a crazy few weeks for me, been reading a bit more than actual communication. I know that doesn’t help so popped on to check in as felt it was needed.

I have to laugh :joy: I’m staying positive.
if you have a moment to go and check my daily check in your see how the gardens going :sob::joy::joy: I love being here so much, apart of this community, just that you thought of me has made me smile :blush: thank you.

They are beautiful colours, and the memory for you is so special :people_hugging::sparkles:

3 Likes

I’ll tag you when I post pics when they get bigger or when I kill them :grimacing:
Thanks for the quick reply.
You always make me smile.

2 Likes

I’m sure they will grow to fill the pots, you have the lovely weather for them.

:sparkles:

3 Likes

Hey :wave:
@JazzyS
I forgot to post that little Japanese Maple I mentioned awhile back. Say prayers it makes it through the winter.

10 Likes

Wiw- shes a beauty
:crossed_fingers: she survives the winter…

4 Likes

An update to smile: This is a before-after pic at my late mum’s garden. I suppose everybody can comprehend my deep gratitude that finally, after 1,5 months and 3 x re-scheduling due to rain the professionals with their powerful professional equipment mulched the lawn 2 days ago completely. I just couldn’t keep up with it.

Yesterday I started to remove the mulch (too much to let it on the ground, it will clot and molder). I’m proud I did 1/3 of the garden before my energy was used up. I’m too old for this work :grin:

This is the beautiful old rose I allowed to conquer the garage roof. She loves it. She must be about 60 years old. My Dad and Grandma always kept her low, poor plant.

12 Likes