Gardening In Recovery

Update to the garden…lots of weeding to do…but everything is growing

And half the basil we got today

12 Likes

We picked enough basil for 24 quart jars of Marinara! Vacuum sealed and in the freezer waiting for the tomatoes

7 Likes

Oh my gosh, this looks wonderful :orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:
Keep up with the weeding. I can tell you from my experience, the weed takes over sooner as you can say WTF.
I’m curious: What equipment to you use for weeding? I would have been lost without my pendulum hoe.

My best friend once and forever :blush:

6 Likes

These are great tools. I used them in the desert mostly because we had pea gravel in some yards and it really works for that.

3 Likes

Just my fingers!

2 Likes

Wow, I admire your fingers! Can I borrow?
I’m so upset with the state of my farm how my ex left it that I want 100 trucks with green concrete to bulldoze the fucking green shit :rofl: sorry for derailing to a rant. you are doing an amazing job and I’m envious :pray::+1:

3 Likes

I need to become a traveling farm hand. I’ll spend some time at @Thirdmonkey Scott’s place and then head over to yours! I promise my rates will be low. Room and board and good conversation :wink:

6 Likes

wow, the flight will be expensive!
I’ll tell you when the farm is in good shape again - maybe in 2 years if I keep it - and then I’ll call a farm experience for all who want to join. there are 20 cots so everyone can stay more or less comfortable :rofl:

6 Likes

I will even cook!

6 Likes

Im in! @erntedank @Thirdmonkey

6 Likes

Two year update. Daisys have taken over.
This year they are all leaning into the drive which is disappointing, think its due to all the rainfall we’ve have. Im gonna get some rope and tie them back up again this week.

13 Likes

I got grapes!

Had Strawberries too…we ate them as fast as we could pick them

12 Likes

Veg coming on even though we had a

dry period for two weeks

14 Likes

Posted these elsewhere a little while back, but not here.

Still waiting on my fucking electrician.

Right now I have a heavy duty 100’ extension running from my kitchen to the greenhouse in order to operate my fans and cooling. Super (temporarily) messy so not pictured. Thankfully able to keep things at or below 40°c for now, at least.

16 Likes

looks amazing T – any word on when the electrician can come? Possible to look for someone else to do the work? Glad you were able to get a temporary solution.

3 Likes

Every week, I’m told “next week”. I wouldn’t even care as long as he would communicate. He just doesn’t show up.

Unfortunately I think starting over with a new electrician would just make things longer. Busy time of year for them and this is a relatively small job for them compared to their others.

This current messy setup is more or less working, although not ideal, so less urgency. Without cooling and air movement, my plants would’ve literally cooked by now.

4 Likes

Dang – i feel your frustration with contractors (dealing with the “soon” or “tomorrow” myself)… I am glad you were able to get a temp solution without having to move them all inside. Hopefully this electrician does show up and complete the job soon for you!

3 Likes

Wow you really have got it going well there.
That’s a dream come true to be able to live off your land :grin:

Well done to you both :+1:

1 Like

Its nice to have, spent all day weeding. Cannot wait until everything starts producing

2 Likes

Weeds mostly gone, fresh straw down

Zucchini

Grapes

10 Likes