Gardening In Recovery

It’s a proper set up.
Last year I ate my tomatoes quicker than they were growing too like your strawberries.

I have a few tomatoe plants growing. Il give a week before I post pics, give them a few more cm in height :joy:

4 Likes

Watching her grow this summer :sunflower:

12 Likes

Getting ready to go camping. Just got done watering the garden…quick breakfast, then back out there…

Conservative estimate each tomato plant has at least 5 tomatoes…300 plants. Well on our way to our goal.

We set out wanting to eat fresh, and can for the fall winter. We wanted to be able to give the same amount to our families and friends. We wanted to also donate to local soup kitchens. And, if we had enough…sell some and take the money we earn and put it back into the garden.

So far everything is thriving…fingers crossed it keeps on going.

9 Likes

Gorgeous! What are they?

1 Like

Thank you! Tropical hibiscus.

1 Like

I am getting them! Thank you for sharing

2 Likes

Some garden flowers

13 Likes

Some gorgeous pics on here! Im just getting into gardening…almost finished sorting my garden out and my daughter and i are creating an outdoor fairy garden using planters :blush: so much fun! pics to follow when its all done :heart:

8 Likes

That sounds wonderful! My next adventure…i think is a wildflower garden

3 Likes

Sounds lovely, its a small garden, i have a lawn then a shed in the middle at the bottom, each side of the shed im gonna use one side as a fairy garden area then the other side as a nature area with bug hotels, bird boxes etc im just a total novice when it comes to flowers and plants…im interested but ive no clue how to look after things, the only flowers etc i have so far are artificial

4 Likes

I would think it would survive alright if it gets roots established. I’ve seen ornamental maples around here and they survive my winter conditions as do several wild varieties. :maple_leaf:

3 Likes

Good luck @Starlight14 id love to see pics of how it comes together and turns out

4 Likes

Awesome! My okra started off great…then stopped…they are still alive, but havent grown more than 3 inches. Ofcourse, I know nothing about growing okra…

3 Likes

Those are cool tomatoes!

3 Likes

Thank you lovely, i will defo post pics soon :blush:

3 Likes

Took few cuttings from the garden

15 Likes

My little terrace garden :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: tending our plants gives me so much peace and energy.
Couldn’t do it without sobriety.

13 Likes

12 Likes

I love it too! I talk to my babies too lol

11 Likes

The water pump in my greenhouse evaporative cooling is already busted :rage:
It’s only been out there for 2 weeks, not even!
Unfortunately it got delivered about 2 months before I set it up, so it’s passed the return threshold.

So a bit of panic and some hope I can keep it under 42c at least.
Not sure what I’m gonna do going forward. Keeping the inside hosed down which helps a small bit. Pretty pissed, the cooler wasn’t super expensive but it also wasn’t what I’d call a small purchase.

Oh. And I took a chunk out of my palm in the process. Fan was on, forgot it was on, reached my hand in…whammo.
Have it wrapped for now but might need stitches.

Just glad it wasn’t a finger because I absolutely would’ve lost it.

5 Likes