Gardening In Recovery

Damn man - that sucks! Sometimes the companies are caring enough and may still help after the return period. Should still have a warranty of more than acfew months…worth a shot calling.
Sending good vibes your way.
Ouch! I do hope you get that palm looked at. :adhesive_bandage:

3 Likes

Warer pumps can be fairly easy to take apart and fix, depending on the pump. Google/youtube might be your best friend

5 Likes

Couple kohlrabi ready for dinner

14 Likes

Jesus, dude! Take care of yourself and get that looked at! Sorry this project has been such a pain. Maybe you can get someone to repair the cooler.

4 Likes

I just bought a new cooler today from somewhere more reputable. 2 year warranty on it, so no worries if the same shit happens. It’s also larger and more powerful, so more effective.

Kick in the wallet but I’m hoping I can talk them into at least a 50% refund on the first one, really I am looking for more. They’re overseas and in my experience they’ll throw cash at you before they offer a return/replacement since the shipping is so costly.

5 Likes

Fingers crossed for ya!!

3 Likes

We just roasted some kohlrabi with beets, S&P, honey and red pepper chili flakes. Yum! Looks good.

1 Like

We just ate one raw…it was yummy that way.

2 Likes

WOW, never seen one in that colour. Looks absolutely stunning :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love following your gardening posts and looking at your greenhouse pictures.
What a shame you have so many setbacks with your project :confused:
How is your hand? Got me worried there, I am first aid trained :adhesive_bandage::ambulance:
:squid:

3 Likes

Pulled two for dinner…need to grow a bit more

9 Likes

Made the bowl arrangement below back in January as an experiment to see if the plants would take root - they never did.
It also bothered me in retrospect that haworthia do not grow even on the same continent as cholla cactus (the wood is a cholla skeleton), so the arrangement made no sense from that perspective.

Wasn’t sure what I was going to do, but inspiration struck today. I plucked out the 3 that were still alive and put them in this new white bonsai pot. I like it a lot better.

http://www.llifle.com/Encyclopedia/SUCCULENTS/Family/Aloaceae/2012/Haworthia_attenuata

15 Likes

Looks like a potential side hustle…they look great. If you were closer I would pay you for a couple of those

5 Likes

Im still half asleep and thought it was an irrigation system :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Here come the zucchini…half this size yesterday

15 Likes

17 Likes

Anyone need some?

13 Likes

Oh man, if I were closer…!

1 Like

My mum used to make jars and jars of chutney with those when there were too many to eat. Lovely memories, maybe I can recreate the recipe one day.

2 Likes

We filled out the Grant application to get a greenhouse. Fingers crossed!!! It would be enough for a 20 ft x 70 ft greenhouse!

8 Likes