Gardening In Recovery

GUYS!!! I think my tomatoes are getting ripe. So, when do I know they are ready? Like how red should they get?

12 Likes

You can harvest them as red as you want and leave them on your counter to continue ripening. That will allow the remaining tomatoes to get all the plant’s energy.

6 Likes

And congratulations!

3 Likes

:green_heart::tomato::green_heart:

12 Likes

The best taste you get when you harvest them full ripe. The darker red one below looks already good. They shouldn’t be hard anymore like the unripe green ones, smell like tomato and have an intense colour according to sort. Try one and take a note if it’s ripe or needs more time in the sun.

2 Likes

Exciting!!!

1 Like

That is awesome

Thank you! I’m so glad someone else thought it was as awesome as I did… It’s almost like my garden gifted me for working hard lol :laughing:

2 Likes

All mine are green…waiting patiently!

2 Likes

Mine too this year. That was a 2020 tomato :tomato: They’re coming lol

1 Like

Onion powder making day…taking some of the onion tops and turning into powder

9 Likes

oooh how lovely that you are living so wholesomely. I love that you are able to grow and eat from your own garden with all its abundance!

2 Likes

Trying too. Fewer chemicals ingested the better. Hopefully, everything keeps growing so we can donate a lot. Our goal is to get this going into a “non-profit” type buisness. So not only can we feed ourselves and our family, but reach out to those in need in the community.

8 Likes

OH my that is a beautiful goal! I wish you the most success my friend!
:farmer: happy and healthy farmer!!!

1 Like

13 Likes

I just got onion envy!

5 Likes

Beautiful kohlrabi!!!

2 Likes

They tasted great!

1 Like

I always went with give it a little tug and if it comes off, it is ready. The color is also a good indication. Idk if you have critters, but once the raccoons start helping themselves, they are ready!! :wink:

2 Likes

A beauty!!!