Gardening In Recovery

If you smelled my house you wouldn’t lol

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

When your electrician asks you to dip out for some mortar mix since he had to hammer through some of what I put down —

And you get the mortar mix, yeh.
But you also get a new sago palm.
And a big-ass pot for it.
And a navel orange tree.

Woopsies

12" deep trench dug, conduit laid, wire fed through. Just waiting on him to close up the “wounds” and that’s electric sorted.

13 Likes

Also, @HolySquid , update on my hand - it healed. Took 3 days to stop bleeding/plasma leakage, but we got there. Bit of an indent where it got a piece but I’d prefer that over losing my pinky, which I was an inch or two away from :innocent:

3 Likes

First peppers of the season!

And tomatoes are starting to turn. First one’s are the black cherry tomatoes. Tomorrow or Monday I will be picking those!

12 Likes

Got this thermostat with the plan to wall-mount it.

First off, much smaller than I had assumed. My fault there.

But SECONDLY - it has this cute lil tabletop stand, also unknown to me at the time of order. No wall mounting now, I like this way too much :slightly_smiling_face:

Some more pics from the greenhouse yesterday/today too.

New cooler keeping it from getting too hot (yes, 104° is OK!)

13 Likes

Just back from Holiday (Again) harvested some garden veg also sweet

peas looking nice this year (vase) Going to cut back next year on veg splitting area putting in a sitting area my travels dont allow me to look after veg part so will still make the front look great and a small amount of veg growing

17 Likes

Great harvest!

2 Likes

That looks amazing! You always have such lovely flower and vegetable gardens!

1 Like

Just had a walk round front
IMG_5380
IMG_5381
IMG_5382
IMG_5385
IMG_5383
IMG_5386
have to tie up the sweet peas and stake the sun flowers , wild border coming on had to tie in the bees love it

15 Likes

Harvested some of the turnips. Most were not ready. Which is fine. I planted them mainly to be a trap crop, so as long as I can keep them in the ground the better

Tomatillos are starting to bare fruit, ears of corn or starting!

All this brought by sobriety! Stay sober friends!

17 Likes

Well, hallo!

Sober gardening friends, who is this and how did he get here? My planters are on a fourth floor. Did he hatch on my plants? Will there be more? Should I remove him?

My tomatoes seem to be done with flowering now, so so I’m doing is picking what’s left as it turns. I think he’s kinda cute, but pests are pests, right?

14 Likes

Well…this is my first year with the black ones…i was waiting until the are all black…think i will google it.

3 Likes

Basil, getting this much about every 3 days…

17 Likes

Eat it. There are so many colours and forms of tomatos … When it smells good and turns soft take and eat it. If it’s still unripe you can spit it out :grin:

1 Like

The garden at my late mum’s house has some precious plants. One is a rescue Albizia we relocated from a neighbour to her garden about 10 years ago. This princess did not only survive but grew and became such a beauty:

18 Likes

They will go from green to black, then shades of deep red.

1 Like

Little tiny beans

18 Likes

Beautiful!! I have 2 and they’re my world lol I love them

1 Like

Today’s harvest… hot banana pepper’s :hot_pepper: Got a shopping bag full. Picked a bunch of weeds and got in my daily workout. That garden is my gym, mercy sakes :sunny: Told my husband about 8 year’s or so ago that I wanted to be a farmer and I needed a garden, he plows up an acre field lol :laughing:

19 Likes